Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Conservative Dinner

Options
HolySmokes
HolySmokes Posts: 446
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Much to my surprise, while I was prepping 18 chicken wings for the dinner appetizer,
(dinner was sweet and sour beef heart over potatoes, side of fresh squash, salad...), I noticed something.
I was skewering each wing, elongating it by stretching it out and putting a skewer through it lengthwise,
and as I did numbers 9, 10, 11, 12 ... guess what? I noticed they were ALL 'right' wings. A truly conservative dish![p]18 in one package, all rightwingers!
I'll leave the comments at that :)! (yes, I have gotten older, and more careful if not at least somewhat wiser).[p]best, HolySmokes.

Comments

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    HolySmokes,
    I can visualize all of those chickens flying in clockwise circles. Kind of like a reverse NASCAR.(That's the best I can comment without getting political.)

• HolySmokes
    Options
    Big'un,
    Actually, I think if they all had right wings they'd fly in counter-clockwise circles, just like all them right-wing nascar folks (oops ;). I'm not sure how you'ld fly right with only right wings. (oops again).

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    HolySmokes,[p]Heheeee. Remember the Gary Larsen cartoon "Boneless Chicken Ranch" with the barnyard full of motionless chickens? Got the same visual only with a bunch of one armed birds.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • HolySmokes
    Options
    thirdeye,
    And the one with the geneticist (guy goes down a road in his car at 30mph, chicken runs up alongside... goes to 40, the chicken overtakes him... he goes to 50, the chicken pulls up and then takes a quick right up a farm road, so the guy turns around and goes up the road too, to then find the farmer... so he asks about the chicken... Oh yeah, we bred those because my wife and son and I all like the legs best, so we did that to be able to get a meal from a single bird. The guy says, well, how are they?...
    "well, we've never been able to catch one, he says").[p]:( HS

• and, by the way, I am quite addicted to NASCAR, thanks... HS
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    HolySmokes,[p]67346f1c-1.gif67346f1c-1.gif67346f1c-1.gif

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Big'un
    Options
    HS,
    I thought you said you had only right wings...leaving only "left" wings on the chickens, causing them to fly clockwise. I work right across from Atlanta speedway. If you make it out this way..let me know.
    Big'un

• HolySmokes
    Options
    Big'un,
    oh my... now I have to deal with a real intellectual, who is thinking about what's /left/ on the chickens...[p]jeez! you got me fur sure! [p]and I'll take you up on that speedway trip, too!
    :) HS

• Big'un
    Options
    holysmokes,
    Cool! Are you planning on making it to eggfest? Btw, what recipe are you using that requires you skewer your wings?

• HolySmokes
    Options
    Big'un,[p]no, I won't be at /that/ fest, unfortunately.[p]and it's not a requirement, I've found that skewering the wings (to extend them to their full length) makes them easier to baste, easier to grill, and a better presentation. otherwise, they're fine as they come ;)[p]If I get close to any of my /real/ puters, I'll post a pic of the batch. simple prep and a great little presentation trick.[p]best, HS