Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanks, JR!

Options
J Appledog
J Appledog Posts: 1,046
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Our (BGE Forum)JR, owner of the Outdoor Cook, W. Michigan's BGE dealer, had an excellent & fun fish cooking class Tuesday night. We tried salmon smoked and salmon planked; catfish was fried, tuna was blackened, etc., etc. We were inspired enough to have just made a trip to the lumber yard for cedar & alder. He also sent me home with some of that Canadian "HOT" charcoal to try which had been mentioned on the forum recently. Thanks, JR! JCA

Comments

• ChefRD
    ChefRD Posts: 438
    Options
    J Appledog, Dang! Sorry I missed it! I think Fingers and I would have been there had we known. Sounds like a great time was had and I'm sure it was as JR always puts on a fine show. I would have loved to have tasted the cedar plank salmon, since it sounds so different.
    Oh well, maybe next time we can participate and I guess I will have to start writing down the dates of his planned events (since i didn't this time :( ).
    Glad you had a good time, and hope to see you guys soon,
    ChefRD[p]

• JR
    JR Posts: 31
    Options
    ChefRD,[p]This was part of our "Outdoor Cook University" classes- listed on our website (check out the event on November 3)[p]I couldn't find a cedar plank for the class so I used an oak plank---it was awesome....the smell drives you crazy![p]

• ChefRD
    ChefRD Posts: 438
    Options
    jr, thanks for the update. I read your website earlier, but just plain forgot about it. I'll check out the november 3 date, as I can probly make that. Thanks.
    You may have started something, cooking on oak! :) And, I'll bet it did smell wonderful and I wish I was there to enjoy it, but oh well, maybe next time.
    Keep up the good work and thanks again,
    ChefRD.