Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Why you should have two or more Eggs!!

Options
Sundown
Sundown Posts: 2,980
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Came home tonight prepared to have some one and a half inch HUGE center cut pok' chops with JJ's!
Went out to fire up Mr. Big and when I stirred the coals something was amiss. After two and a half years my grate broke into about 9 pieces. Ah, but not to worry. Went into the basement and got Ms. Mini and fired her up and I'll be putting on those tasty "little" chops in about 15 minutes.
If you happen to be wrestling whit whether to own a second Egg the reason is right here. Go do it now.
BTW, I will get a new one and 2 extra grates ... just for the heck of it.
Carey

Comments

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    Sundown,
    I have been using a diamond mesh screen for a grate. I cut a couple at a time and when I need another it is readily available. I have them in all 4 of my EGGs and will put it into my 5th EGG that I will be pickling up at EGGtoberfest this year.

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    Sundown,
    I have been using a diamond mesh screen for a grate. I cut a couple at a time and when I need another it is readily available. I have them in all 4 of my EGGs and will put it into my 5th EGG that I will be pickling up at EGGtoberfest this year.

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    JJ,[p]I just put one of the metal grates in my medium. Seems to work grate ... I mean great! [p]Smokey[p]
  • J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    JJ, I purchased a 9.5" stainless steel diamond mesh screen so that I could cook shrimp on the mini & not worry about them falling through, and to use as a secondary rack over a drip pan. When the grate on the large BGE broke I put it in there. I guess I'll have to get another one..... JCA