Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Well, I went and cooked my ribeyes....

Options
TomCPA
TomCPA Posts: 82
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
<p />Well, after much discussion with my butcher and the feedback I got from here, I went ahead with the ribeyes. Using the TRex method, they turned out fine, had to cook a little longer because I realized after the searing process, one-third of my fire was not very hot. The other two-thirds was nice and hot so I had to put the steaks there[p]No problems to report. Although, a little someone wanted their picture taken with the steaks, so I obliged.

Comments

• TomCPA
    Options
    dcp_1919.jpg
    <p />Let me try the photos again....[p][p]
  • TomCPA
    Options
    dcp_1921.jpg
    <p />One more...[p]Sorry, I'm tired and struggling to get more than one photo into this message. [p]Tom
  • Morro Bay Rich
    Options
    TomCPA,
    Hey, that looks good enough to eat.

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    TomCPA,
    She is so cute, the steaks look great also. Great job.[p]Cheers,
    Bordello

• Eggvis
    Eggvis Posts: 94
    Options
    TomCPA,[p] Her ears...almost look like ribeyes!! LoL...nice looking cook and kid[p]paul
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    TomCPA,
    Great looking steaks! What a precious little girl. She appears to be about the same age as my youngest. Keep teaching her how to grill. Some of the best cooks on this forum are women!
    Big'un

• TomCPA
    Options
    Thanks for all the comments about the apple of my eye. She is a cutie, if I do say so myself. She always likes her photograph taken. Yes, her ears do look like ribeyes, LOL. I will have her do a Vanna White pose the next time![p]It's the morning and I feel fine, so in the end, the ribeyes were not bad after all. I am glad I didn't throw them out. I do know what to look for the next time. [p]One great the about the BGE: the burning desire to cook a home. In the last 3 months, we went out to restaurants 3 times. As a result of all the increased cooking this summer, I decided to take that ServSafe course. Mrs. TomCPA's aunt encouraged me to take it. She is a microbiologist and said that it's useful for home cooks as well. Besides, I have been asked to cook at my local Knights of Columbus hall in about 3 weeks for approximately 50 people, so I am going to need it. [p]Tom

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    TomCPA,
    your first post seemed fine. what was the issue with the rib eyes re: "It's the morning and I feel fine, so in the end, the ribeyes were not bad after all. I am glad I didn't throw them out. I do know what to look for the next time"?[p]

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • TomCPA
    Options
    stike,[p]I posted a question a couple of days ago asking "To cook or not to cook..." I opened the steaks from a vacuum package and got a slight odor. After posting the question here and talking to my butcher, I decided to go ahead with them. The butcher said they were still good, unless they were really slimy and smelled bad. In the end, they turned out fine.[p]Tom
  • stike
    Options
    TomCPA,
    heck, if i were you i would have asked the biologist instead of us! hahaha

• TomCPA
    Options
    stike,[p]Well, the wife has a microbiology degree and she is so super cautious. She throws out perfectly good milk because "it smells funny." In retrospect, I should have asked her aunt, but I just plain forgot to call her.[p]Not to go OT, but I saw a show featuring Gordon Ramsay who had ate a Norwegian delicacy called, get this, Rotten Shark. I couldn't even fathom trying it. Needless to say, Gordon lost it. Ugh.[p]Tom
  • stike
    Options
    TomCPA,
    i would think a microbiology majopr wouldn't go by "smells funny". hahaha[p]dude. old milk is simply cottage cheese in this house.

• TomCPA
    Options
    stike,[p]It drives me nuts. I had some perfectly good sausage and one day I was looking forward to grilling it. I searched the refrigerator high and low. No sausage. I asked Mrs. TomCPA if she saw it. Her reply, "Well the sell by date was yesterday, so I tossed it." And it wasn't the first time that happened. [p]Her aunt at least has some common sense. I told her aunt what happened and she just laughed. Her reply, "That's what happens when you marry a microbiologist." :-)[p]Tom
  • stike
    Options
    TomCPA,
    a microbiologist would understand it was still safe to eat.
    hahah
    don't get me started![p]anyway. glad the steaks turned out good.[p]show her this. it sat in a fridge for 45 days before being cooked.[p]mauditebeerandribeye.jpg