Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OK folks, stripers are running, how to cook?

Options
wobin
wobin Posts: 211
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The striper run here started a couple of weeks early this year. My neighbors are bringing me fillets from 10-15 pounders. Never cooked any on the egg, always deep fried. Anyone have a recipe for egged stripers?[p]Thanks, Glenn

Comments

• JohnF
    JohnF Posts: 31
    Options
    wobin,[p]Mix up a little marinade.....Soy sauce, Orange Juice and Olive Oil with some slivered garlic.[p]Salt and pepper the fillets, soak in the marinade for about 30 - 60 minutes. Heat the egg to 400 degrees. Place the fillets on for about 8 - 10 minutes a side. If the skin is on let that be the second side to cook.[p]With a side of wild rice, and the vegetable of your choosing, you have a meal everyone will love.[p]Good Cooking!
  • jwirlwind
    jwirlwind Posts: 319
    Options
    wobin,
    Well Wobin, I love sriped bass. I live a rock's throw from beautiful Lake Murray in central South Carolina. We catch some big ones here. Personally, it won't be on the Egg for me. I like to take nuggets from the fish, make a lighly sweet beer batter and fry it. [p]MC Jerry

• Steeler Fan
    Options
    wobin, I can't fish, hunt but the troops know if they give me the "hunt", I'll pass it back down the foodchain. I get stripers from Clark's Hill (Thurmond Lake) and stuff them with herbs and EVOO with salt and pepper. Indirect for about 45 minutes. Debone, sprinkle Tsunami on it for seasoning and color and serve. Head and gills are taken off before hand, hopefully by the fisherperson at the lake. Nothing is better when the fish is caught and it's on my egg two hours later.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    wobin,
    ive tossed a bed of rock weed on the grill, layed the fillet on that and poured a margarita on top, mostly mix, and just let it semi steam on the rock weed with the lid closed. have only done this on a gasser, would be better on the egg. you need to eat that striper when its very fresh, dont let it sit for a day or two.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Handyman207
    Options
    John F.,
    Your marinade sounds great. What quanitys? How would this be on salmon?
    Thanks

• wobin
    wobin Posts: 211
    Options
    wobin,
    Thanks for the replies.[p]Cheers, Glenn