Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dessert WOOSDAY!

TRex
TRex Posts: 2,714
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
8-24_bbread2_web.jpg
<p />In honor of Spawn's 3rd place finish for her famous brownies, I thought we'd have a dessert theme for this Woosday. Of course, as always, any and all pictures welcome!![p]This is the banana bread I cooked on Friday.[p]8-24_bbread1_web.jpg[p]And some grilled bananas as well (guess I was in the mood for bananas):[p]8-24_bananas1_web.jpg[p]And my own version of da brownies:[p]8-12-07_brownies1_web.jpg[p]And my favorite personal brownie shot of all time:[p]11-4brownie1.jpg[p]But don't forget the icecream and raspberry sauce![p]Gregg3-brownies3.jpg[p]And a couple more: s'mores:[p]smoresonegg.jpg[p]smoresdone.jpg[p]Happy Sweet-Toothed Woosday everyone![p]TRex

Comments

• TRex,
    nice jason!!!!. . .. here are a few more of our favorite desert pics as well. . .[p]once again, spawn's brownie box from saturday
    IMG_1359.jpg[p]choco chip cookies (no chubby, i didn't bake these, sydney did)
    IMG_0784.jpg[p]the brownie box from two years ago that won her 7th place in new holland and set her on her road to fame .. .[p]DSCN1290-1.jpg[p]choco chip kahlua cake
    DSCN1605.jpg[p]peach blueberry crisp[p]DSCN0426.jpg[p]and the big winner herself with her hardware .. [p]IMG_1362.jpg

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    1245633570_79a4a56d83.jpg?v=0
    <p />TRex,
    No dessert, but I did use bread on Sunday Night. I really need a new camera as these photos do not compare to quality, but food tasted great!
    Basic ingredients for stuffed bunt bread and linguini with shrimp and sun dried tomatoes. Since SSN686 didnt save any
    of his bread for me in Omaha I had to make my own to get my share:)
    Started with sausages for the bread filling
    1244774041_6125ac8789.jpg?v=0
    Then the beef and mushrooms.
    1245635634_37af71a696.jpg?v=0
    Rolled dough, filling, and placed in bunt. Next time need to use less filling as slicing evenly was difficult
    1244774857_4716d3db8d.jpg?v=0
    1245637076_750d27496c.jpg?v=0
    Boiled pasta and finished in Small.
    1244776183_8303f333d2.jpg?v=0
    Result. Need Better camera.
    1245637770_fb5dbe934b.jpg?v=0
    1244778343_c0fa57bd6d.jpg?v=0

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,733
    100_1063.jpg
    <p />TRex,
    i dont make desserts to often. this one is bolo podre or portuguese rotten cake with a cream cheese frosting and craisins

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • flan.jpg
    <p />TRex,

The Naked Whiz
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    dsc01196abL.jpg
    <p />TRex,[p]My current favorite dessert is the Key Lime pie that Richard turned me on to. The crust has flaked coconut and nuts added for extra flavor. However, it is cooked in the oven, not the Egg. [p]I do cook some cakes and pies on the Egg...... crab cakes and chicken pot pies. Heheeeee.[p]dsc02073aLL.jpg[p]dsc02017aL.jpg[p]Happy Woosday Everyone
    ~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Max,
    Could you please post a few more photos of your "PETA" shirt collection and any information on a place to order such a fine garment.
    Much thanks,
    Darian

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • TRex,
    P1010508Small.jpg[p]Here's Egret holding up the Chocolate Chip Kahlua cake that I made at the Denverfest.[p]kim

• Photo Egg,
    you can order them from "www.bourbonQ.com" .you can see their logo at the bottom of the shirt backs . . they have lots of stuff at their web site .. .[p]petashirts1.jpg
    petashirts2.jpg

• Rusty Rooster
    Rusty Rooster Posts: 1,239
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    You can also design your own @ www.cafepress.com

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    SpawnsAward.jpg
    <p />mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Here's another shot of Spawn on her way back from the stage. Those brownies were pretty darn wonderful... I was buzzing off the triple whammy of chocolate for hours.[p]Great hanging out with you guys this weekend![p]john[p][p]
  • 61chev
    61chev Posts: 539
    I don't have any desset pics but did some pastrami last week very tasty but tough was probably the cit of meat
    rubbed ad readypastrami002.jpg ready for a restpastrami003.jpg sliced and readypastrami004.jpg

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    NewHolland07CheeseSteaks.jpg
    <p />TRex, Nice photos! Especially of the brownies with ice cream and raspberry sauce.... yow![p]No sweets today... however, we have Chuck's cheesesteaks (of which I have become totally addicted) from this weekend and a few WooFarm shots thrown in.[p]Happy WoosDay Y'all![p]john[p]
    Sweet Cherry 100's.... these are so sweet and flavorful, we'll be growing more of these next year.
    August122007044.jpg [p]
    Brandywines with rooster.
    August122007046.jpg[p]Momma teaching chicks how to eat yellow Brandywines.
    August122007092.jpg[p]
    August122007063.jpg[p]Pigeons returning home.
    August122007094.jpg

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    chili003.jpg
    <p />TRex,
    Here's some chili with Mexican Strawberries in it.[p]Mike

• Roudy
    Roudy Posts: 431
    TRex,[p]No dessert pictures to show. My cook on Sunday was a tandoori style of boneless leg of lamb. It's not very pretty coming off the grill, but the combination of eight spices and yogurt with the lamb made for an incredibly tasty meal:
    BGE035.jpg
    I followed that cook with some brussell sprouts roasted with EVOO:
    BGE036.jpg
    On the plate with some jasmine rice:
    BGE037.jpg
    My daughters kept eating until I took the food off the table! Happy Woosday.

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Thank you very much...
    Darian

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    mad max beyond eggdome, yesterday was a slow internet day so I never got that shot of the brownies to come through. That presentation however is absolutely gorgeous. Tell Sydney that for the brownie recipe I'll pick her up at the airport. Otherwise, I 'll see her at the MARTA station. :-)

• WooDoggies,
    great pic john. . .THANKS. ..

• Wise One,
    LOl. ...she'll probably walk before she gives it up. ..we are now talking about her coming home on thursday night and driving down w/ me and driving back with me then taking train to new york on monday morning .. .if so, maybe we can get her to bake up a batch at the lake on sunday or something :-)

• WooDoggies,
    ditto on the cheesesteaks. . .i had two of them myself...really outstanding. ..

• duckegg
    duckegg Posts: 267
    ChickenCorn.jpg
    <p />TRex,
    This wasn't dessert but the corn sure was sweet and the chicken crispy

• duckegg
    duckegg Posts: 267
    Produce.jpg
    <p />WooDoggies,
    here is some of our produce picked on Friday! Those sweet 100s are so prolific it is amazing.

• WooDoggies,
    What kind ya got? I grew up raising them. Had Birmingham Rollers, Homers, Fantails, Lahore's, Mondains, Owl's and a few that just showed up at my house LOL I sooooo mis haven't them, just can't living inside the city limits

• AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    You know John, the only thing I see in those beautiful pics that will grow here is the chickens! lol
    I'm just forewarnin' ya... we'd love a couple more people in Alaska, but you are going to need a greenhouse or something if you want tomatoes! :)

• Dude you can take some fine pictures...all great but two of them I looked at a long time....The rooster and the brandywine I may not of even noticed the Rooster...and Chris's just all about the food...wow his eyes is on the prize the veins are bulging...or maybe he jus wants one of those cheesesteaks and he is wondering why Chuck is posing for pics when there is food at steak er stake ...great pictures

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    TRex,[p]No desserts, but a few nice main courses.[p]LoinWrapt.jpg[p]A big one that almost got away. A 4.5 lb. pork loin, stuffed with fruits and nuts, and wrapped in about a pound of bacon. After 2.5 hours at 375, the thermometer was reading only 120. I was suspicious, because scalding juices were squirting out. Tried a different thermometer, and found that it had reached 165 internal. The stuffing and wrap kept it pretty moist even at that temp.[p]BeerSausage06.jpg[p]Took some Polish sausage and simmered it in honey brown beer with onions. Grilled the sausage to crunchy sweet brown on the outside, and served with carmellized onions.[p]RibzJrk.jpg[p]And finally, some ribs that were pretty well cooked, but the mixture of a jerk-style rub and B.H. Tennessee Red sauce was a little peculiar.[p]gdenby[p]
  • HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    I printed some shirts like that last year. I did the PETA with a bite taken out of it. I would be willing to print up more if I had enought orders

• dscf0025.jpg
    <p />TRex,[p]This dessert was not egged but it was created on the first day we cooked on our new egg in New Paltz NY so I think it's Woosday worthy. cinnamon apple jello shots
  • YankeeBBQ,
    cool presentation steve. .. how did it place?. ..and did you do that in new holland as well??

• mad max beyond eggdome,
    It was in the mid 20's. I only did the 4 KCBS categories in New Holland. That was enough, I almost snapped doing those. My timing was off, my food wasn't the way I wanted it and I almost didn't turn in brisket.

• SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Morning TRex:[p]Great idea for a Woosday gathering.[p]Here is the pineapple upside down cake we do on the Egg. First is right after it goes on the Egg...[p]P3270024.jpg[p]and then the final product.[p]P3270026.jpg[p]Haven't done one of these in quite a while, may have to see about changing that this weekend.[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay[p]

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL