Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tri Tip Suggestions please...

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just bought a nice 2 pund tritip and am thinking of chucking it on eggy tonight... any suggestions???
Murray

Comments

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Murray W,
    Try this recipe...It's Great.
    Larry

[ul][li]Tri-Tip Recipe[/ul]
  • Zip
    Zip Posts: 372
    Options
    Murray W,[p]
    I like a simple prep of rubbing the tri tip with "Kitchen Bouquet" then applying a healthy dose of Kosher salt and cracked black pepper. Then just follow the directions for Grillin' Bill's recipe that Larry provided. "Bring temperature of BGE to 450-500 degrees. Put handful of your favorite soaked chips on fire. I like apple and pecan. With lid up, sear lean side for 4-6 minutes. Turn over so fat side is down, sear this side for 4-6 minutes. With lid down then cook fat side down for about 30 minutes, with temperature between 350-450 degrees. When jucies form on top flip so lean side is down and cook until internal temp of Tri-Tip is about 135 degrees. Let rest a few minutes. Slice thin on the diagonal against the grain starting with small tip of triangle. "[p]This is my favorite way and allows you to taste the great flavor of the beef[p]Ashley
    ribbon.gif

• Huck
    Huck Posts: 110
    Options
    Murray W,
    Simple but best yet: Put the tri-tip in a ziploc with half a bottle of honey mustard Q sauce and about half a cup of apple cider vinegar. Let it sit a day. Egg it at 325-350 to 150 degrees. Pull, wrap in foil for fifteen minutes, enjoy. Oh yes, it's good!

• THANK YOU ONE AND ALL>... I put a rub on it, and French's mustard and sloq dooked ti for 4 hrs at 180... Yum
  • MurraW,[p]Could you please explain slog dooking, it sounds like another wonderful way to cook on the egg!