Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last Nights Filet Mignon

Options
Citizen Q
Citizen Q Posts: 484
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So the sister-in-law hosted dinner last night's Rosh Hashanah dinner and boy was it good! Garlic mashed potatoes, butternut squash with cinnamon (I got whole cinnamon sticks in mine!), sauteed zuchini and summer squash, and the main entree-Filet Mignon! Let me tell ya, this filet was something, she cooked it up on not just one but TWO George Foreman Lean Mean Fat Grilling Machines! The best part about it is that one of the Foreman grills belongs to my wife and it's on permanant loan to her sister since three years ago.[p] We both agreed that she's getting a mini for her birthday in May.[p]Signed,
Citizen (nursing the bruises on my left shin from where my wife was kicking me to make sure that I only said nice things about her sister's cooking and I don't care if I'm Goyem, I'm doing the cooking for the Jewish holidays from now on!) Q.[p]p.s.: My father-in-law is at my house right now preparing his famous over-cooked and completely dried out brisket complete with burnt onion gravy for tonights breaking of the fast. I just can't do this two night in a row, hopefully I'll come up with some lame excuse for missing dinner by sundown tonight. How's this sound: "Honey, I'm sorry but I stopped off for one with boys after work and my diabetes must have kicked in because I blacked out and forgot to come home", think it'll work? I should've listened to my Dad, he always said "Marry a nice Portuguese girl, one that doesn't speak any English".

Comments

• Citizen Q
    Options
    Citizen Q,
    Come to think of it, we should give a small on my father-in-law's birthday next year too. He'll never use use it and just end up giving it back to me anyway! What a great gift idea!

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Citizen Q,[p]One of my Hebrew (he's not Kosher) friends decided that pulled pork form a Big Green Egg is Kosher you wanna see this boy with PP, pork chops and lobstah!!!Eats like a Catholic he does.