Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

London Broil

Options
WJS
WJS Posts: 54
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am looking for any suggestions on cooking a "London Broil". I checked the archives with no sucess. I was cleaning out the freezer when I came upon this "lump of meat", which loos like it's still in good condition. Does anybody have any thoughts on marinades/rubs/seasonings and/or cooking techniques?

Comments

• davidm
    Options
    WJS,[p]I think I'd marinate it and grill it hot until medium-rare or so, then slice it thin across the grain.[p]It would probably also be good cubed for chili, if you have enough of it -- say two or three pounds.[p]Good luck![p]David

• WJS,[p]I did some London Broil recently to make "steak" quesadillas. The results were so good, it had me questionning why I pay $8-10 per pound for filets. I rubbed the outside with a mixture of Cracked Black pepper, Kosher salt, and garlic powder. I cooked on the Egg at 425 for 2 minutes per side, then brought temp down to 350. I let it go until the internal temp was 135. I like it medium rare. They were very good. Filets are better, but considering I spent less than $2 per lb, I was quite pleased.

• WJS,[p]This recipe for London Broil is a good one. The entire Sonoran Grill Website is filled with great recipes, perfect for the Egg.
    [ul][li]Bourbon and Ginger Marinated London Brol[/ul]
  • BearFan
    Options
    WJS,
    London broil makes for some good jerky. Go
    to Tim M's website for recipes.....enjoy![p]Ed

• Big Murth
    Options
    EJ,
    Any idea on times for a cut like that? Use a Polder or instant read? Thanks! Big Murth

• WJS
    WJS Posts: 54
    Options
    EJ,
    Thanks for the link! I've got the meat marinading (but I had to improvise on a couple of ingredients). I'm only going to marinade it for 8 hours due to time constaints. I'll let you know how it turns out.

• Big Murth,[p]When I do London Broil, I get the dome temp to about 500 or so, and grill 3-4 minutes per side depending on the weight. Then I let it dwell about 6-8 minutes. I like it medium rare. It's great for sandwiches and fajitas the next day.