Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BUILT IN BBQ

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am building a rather large built in BBQ center for my backyard which I plan on having it all, Gas Grill, Charcoal grill, Smoker, sink, fridge, side burner...etc....
Question is in fact the BGE also a regular BBQ that can be used much like a typical Webber with charcoal for quick cooking of steaks, chops and CAN IT USE A ROTISSERIE? OR Is it really mainly a smoker that you could BBQ on as well??[p]Thanks
Wayne

Comments

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    Wayne,
    Yes you can use it like a Webber. The only difference is the much higher temps that you can achieve with the EGG. 750* or higher. It can anything the gas or Webber can do except use a rotisserie. It can also bake bread, cook pizza and the list goes on.

• Wayne,
    the shape of the BGE is part of the uniquiness in it's ability to surround the food and therefore a rotisserie is not needed like it is in a gassy. What other toys do you have out there in your yard that you need that must firepower that you're talking about building? Got your own water park/splash down or something?

• Wayne,
    Personally I would do away with the charcoal grill and replace it with a LARGE BGE. You can smoke @ temps as low as 200* if not lower and sear steaks @ 800* plus. Being the BGE is ceramic, it holds the heat well and also maintains the moisture. If smoking you don't have to constantly add charcoal because of its insulating properties. You can add enough charcoal for a 15-20 hour smoke. I haven't seen a rotisserie for it but if you use a Spanek chicken/turkey holder (which holds the bird in a vertical position) I think you achieve the same results. Good luck. MikeS.

• toomanybbqgrls
    Options
    Wayne, As you can tell, I already have taken the inet name that you should also have. I have and have had so many different grills/smokers/etc., over the years. I bought Mr. Big about a year and a half ago and haven't used anything since. Experiment. I have found ways around a single surface for large quantity cooks. The BGE should be all you need except a turkey fryer.

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    toomanybbqgrls, don't know if you just prefer a fried turkey over one from Mr Humpy, but last Thanksgiving I did a 23 pounder on my large that was superb!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.