Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

boneless country ribs

Options
Bordello
Bordello Posts: 5,926
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone tried boneless country ribs in the egg????? If so, how did you cook them.
Thanks,
New Bob

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    New Bob ,
    man. It really depends what you have. Many things seem to be labled "country ribs". Normally they are taken from the rear part of the shoulder and are pretty fatty and marbled. In that case I would go indirect at 300 or so until crusted and fork tender. Probably 2-3 hours depending on thickness. Then finish direct for the last 15-30 minutes with sauce if you like. The fatty shoulder cuts have a plateau if you are measuring temps. I would pull off these at 170 or so, just after the plateau wraps up. I like them sliceable but not falling apart,[p]I have purchased "country ribs" that were more like a loin chop though. Very lean. If you have the lean version, cook em like chops...fast and hot.[p]hope that helps.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Thanks,I did not purchase them yet, wanted the cooking information first. They just look so good at the store that I have been wanting to give them a try. I believe they are the leaner one's, will take a better look when I purchase.
    Happy Egg-n and a beer to ya,
    New Bob