Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A Word to Fellow Egger's

MAC
MAC Posts: 442
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The egg is like owning Real Estate, it is very forgiving. I put on 6 racks of baby backs for 12 guests. 3-2-1 method. they are supposed to be here at 6pm for dinner. So they show up at 6:45 and want to drink for an hour. Cool, just kept them in foil for a while longer. Took them out an some of the racks were, fall off the bone. Ok, glazed them and put them on a tray under foil. The rest were not as done as I like so I left them on the grill and went inside to join the guests. When they were done to my liking, I glazed them and went inside for a few more adult beverages. when the rest were done, I added them to the pile. Only 8 people showed up and 6 racks were GONE. GRRR...ATE RIBS! ! ! I feel like the Alfred E. Newman of "Q". "What Me Worry" Oh I have had my share of flops but you really have to work at it to SCREW UP.

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    MAC,[p]I will certainly agree the 3-2-1 method has many options. I did a few racks for a 3-2-1 recently and the time in the foil seemed a little too much for me (baby backs) - they were really fall'n off the bone, so I normally shoot for 1 hr in foil and I know if the guests are late, I can stretch it another hour. You said you glazed them, what do you mean by that? I take them out of foil and go direct and glaze on a layer of sauce for an hour. Is that what you mean?[p]Tim
  • MAC,
    What is the 3-2-1 you speak about and do you have a recipie for the glaze. I am a baby at this. Just got mine over the weekend. I have done the simple stuff, chicken, steak and burgers. Going all out tonight with Pork Chops. I have not even looked in the recipie file yet. I work for Sundown and well that is the one site he wont mind me being on. LOL. I have stuck to basic seasonings so I would like to try some ribs this weekend. Advice?

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    MAC,
    I like the 3-2-1 method,the direct method,the indrect method,Mac I just plain love ribs.I make a sauce with yellow mustard,vinegar,brown sugar and hamburger dill pickles that is good on ribs.
    Larry

• MAC
    Tim M,
    Thats exactly what I mean. I just add Home made BBQ sauce to the ribs and wait for it to thicken "like a glaze".

• MAC
    Miss Chris,
    Check GFW's site or Tim M's site and all the information will be there for your viewing pleasure. The best is yet to come. Good Luck but you won't need it.