Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

top round roast

Enok
Enok Posts: 15
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well good people, the boss did it. She pulled out a 3# top round roast from the freezer and said I should "Egg" it tomorrow. Does anyone have a good way to cook this peice of meat? Lather? Rub? How long? I am sure it must be low and slow. That's ok as I enjoy a beer or two. Thanks for any help.....

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    enok, we're not being too responsive here. Maybe the problem is that not many of us ever get TOP round roast. I think a very simple way to do this would be to coat it with a good rub (JJ's comes to mind) and just cook indirect at about 225 for a few hours. Figuring on the 2 hours per pound would indicate about 6 hours. Bumping it up to around 350 the time should drop to about 25 minutes per pound. You're going for an internal temperature of 145-160 in either case. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

• JimE
    JimE Posts: 158
    Wise One,
    At 145 to 160º the roast will be getting tough.
    Cook to 130º and I think you will be happier.

• Enok
    Enok Posts: 15
    Jim,and Mr. Wise One[p]Thank you for the info. It just now dawned on me that beef is beef is beef when it comes to a roast so they must be cooked pretty much the same way. Thanks again guys.