Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Is a butt roast what I need for pulled pork?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I ordered (2) 4# boston butts for tomorrows dinner. Got them home and the packages said boneless butt roast. I think it should be fine, butt I need confirmation from the experts. Also it was tied like a roast, should I leave it tied or cut the string off.[p]Thanks all[p]JBC

Comments

• Kevin D
    Options
    JBC,[p]You do have a boston butt. I copied and pasted the following from a web page:[p]JUST SO YOU KNOW
    Boston butt = Boston roast = pork butt roast = pork shoulder Boston butt = Boston-style shoulder =
    Boston shoulder = Boston-style butt = fresh pork butt

• Kevin D.,[p]Thanks Kevin, 4 minutes was along time to wait for the answer...[p]JBC
  • Bamabob
    Bamabob Posts: 246
    Options
    JBC,
    You got the right stuff,it'll be great.When I get one already roped up,I just leave the string on unless I want to open it up to add some special goodie. Good luck. Bob

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    JBC,
    A bone-in butt will give you better results. The boneless ones are okay though...just not nearly as good. It will cook much faster for you. I have only cooked one boneless version. I would recommend taking it out of the net, unrolling it, rubbing with your rub, then roll it up and shove it back in. Then smoking.[p]Enjoy it...and try a bone-in for your next one!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ