Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Owner

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Got a Lge BGE Sep 2nd in celebration of 23 years of marital blis(ters)
First saw a Kamado about 20 years ago in BBQ How-To book. Intrigued.
No dealers in San Antonio Texas, no internet to look up. Closest town
Houston Tx. - went to look, saw price, went home alone. Waited 6 years, dealer in town, 15 0/0 end of summer discount. Bought.
1st Q - sirloin w/ baked potatoe - was OK - not impressed - similar to my favorite ($100) Weber Kettle, 2nd Q - whole roasted chicken on vertical roaster rack with baked potatoe - did nothing special to yardbird- wash, pat dry, oil and lemon-pepper - WOW Excellent!!!
I can honestly say, this was the BEST roasted chicken I have ever had
regardless of method of cooking - no bs - I'm just starting out as an
eggster - the fun is back -

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Art Cantu,[p]Welcome. The link below has loads of pics and a newusers help area you might find helpful. IGNORE the manual - post all questions and don't trust the manual/cookbook times and temps.[p]Tim
    [ul][li]Tim M - BGE world[/ul]
  • Tim M, Is the plate setter for indirect cooking? What else
    is it's intended/un-intended use? Where can I get one. I've looked in the BGE website and can't find it listed.
    How much will one set me back? thx, art[p]

• BillB
    BillB Posts: 26
    Options
    Art Cantu, try this link, or look under What's New at the top of the forum page.
    Bill

[ul][li]Plate Setter[/ul]
  • Smokin' Todd
    Options
    Art Cantu,
    Welcome to the family. And you purchased the EGG the best time of year!
    ST

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Art Cantu,
    Two years and all I've poured into Mr. Egg is charcoal. More than a few $$ for toys but what the hell, it's fun I get to come here and my health has actually improved...because of a thickening of the waistline I go to the gym three times a week. Upkeep on Mr. Egg = 0. Upkeep of my waistline $279 a year. All directly attributable to my BGE!
    Carey

• Trout Bum
    Options
    Art Cantu,
    It won't be long before you egg the best steak of your live.
    Try em at least 1" thick and grill them direct at +750 degrees for 3 minutes a side then shut the top and bottom vents and dwell till done. Check em with an instant read, but be sure to burp the egg before opening it after the dwell.
    B D

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    THANK YOU, BillB, for posting that. I have come to depend on my "plate setter" but had NO IDEA that it was designed so that it could rest on the firebox. Wow; the wheels are turning.... JCA