Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wooden Table Plans

Options
Tom
Tom Posts: 189
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone out there made the Wooden Table for the BGE from the plans given on the Internet?

Comments

• Enok
    Enok Posts: 15
    Options
    Tom,
    I'm sure several people have, I being one who just built mine two weeks ago. Mine is modified as I built it outside of the rail of the deck as not to take space on the deck. I purchased tile to do the top when I get a chance. I'd send a picture but don't have the capability.

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    Tom,
    The Naked Whiz took the table to a whole new level. Search the archives and you'll find his step-by-step photos.
    While I'm not a real woodworker, my friend and I had tables made using the specs exactly. Came out perfect. Only modification we did was to accomodate a tiled top.

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    Tom, trust me there are many many of us out here having done that. As anything the end results are in relation to the woodworking skills and available tools. One good tip however is to allow additional space between the top and the lower shelf to compensate for the use of a cement stepping stone for your green feet to rest one. While there are some non believers out there about this added precaution there are a lot more who will attest to the need. Good luck and holler back!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    Table1_small.jpg
    <p />Tom, we have a few posted in our FAQ section - the one on the link has some nice detailed drawings.

[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Tom,
    Here is a link to photographic essay (novel?) on building my cart. I don't have plans, but I sort of used the plans on the BGE website as a guide.
    TNW

[ul][li]The Naked Whiz's Way Cool Technicolor BBQ Cart...[/ul]
    The Naked Whiz
  • Tom,
    I built a table following the BGE plans using pressure treated wood. Here are a few things I did and a few things I wish I did.[p]If you have a router, get a rounding bit. It puts a nice rounded edge on your exposed lumber that looks very professional.[p]Definitely adjust the distance between top and bottom shelves to allow for some sort of stepping stone or slate under the egg. Also plan on wheels and/or little feet to keep your lumber off of the deck/ground/patio. These two additions will affect your overall table and cooking surface heights, so plan ahead.[p]Beneath your lower shelf I would put a cross brace right under the egg. That thing is heavy.[p]If you stay close to the dimensions of the official BGE table, an official BGE cover will fit over your contraption.[p]I used L brackets under the top planks on the short side for additional support.[p]Good luck![p]