Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Art of WoosDay

Options
2»

Comments

• stike,
    i like that one also...
    you gotta teach me how to do that.
    are you brushing over a photo?[p]all us rookies know how to do, and with instant results, is filters...

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    sketchhahaha.jpg
    <p />Another WoosDay comes to an end. This was a lot of fun. [p]It was a close call, but after looking at all the artwork..... STIKE gets the nod for the NY Strips. [p]~thirdeye~
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • thirdeye,
    what did he win?[p]a guided tour of chubby's funhouse?! haHAAA[p]dangit... i gotta learn howta do that

• Carolina Wizard
    Options
    stike,
    Absolutely!
    Well spoken.

• thirdeye,
    I think this may be my first woosday post. I found this in the archives...was sent to Randy by JM3 in Sept 2005. So, I really don't know who gets the credit. Stuffed poblanos, with black beans, garlic, onion, white cheddar, red bell pepper. Very tasty....[p]IMG_0347Small.jpg[p]IMG_0346Small.jpg[p]

• mrs,
    I wanted to make sure you knew it was from me. Don't know what's wrong with this computer.[p]Kim

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    dsc02691aOIL.jpg
    <p />mrs,[p]It's about time. Happy Woosday. I love that recipe, so does Mrs ~t~. Here is my "artful Woosday" version.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • db
    db Posts: 103
    Options
    fishlessman,
    You should meet Lawn Ranger's Daughter.

• Eroc
    Eroc Posts: 53
    Options
    ribeyeweb1.jpg
    <p />thirdeye,
    haven't posted lately, just lurkin'.....
    its prismacolor pencils on vellum.....[p]i have prints of these...

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    test02_vignettepencilandWC_SMALL.jpg
    <p />Rick's Tropical Delight,
    filters are fine. i was repeating a dictum in my line of work, but for hobby stuff, filters are great. i use filters too, of course, just not one pass, all by themselves. i mix them up, tweak parameters, etc.[p]just a single click and pass of the "watercolor" filter can stand out as just that, and feel skin deep. so it often works best to do a couple things to break them image down and then build it back up again.[p]you are pretty close with your initial thought about that half-arsed steak sketch i did. you can achieve results like that in maybe 10 minutes max, using the history brush, pattern stamp brush, etc. the linework was a scan of a prismapencil drawing of the image done from a photo. color info is a combo of adjusted saturation/contrast, some pattern stamp work, and pattern overlay.[p]
    above is a test-sketch i tried process out when i needed to do twelve sketches for a project, and wanted to only spend maybe an hour composing and fifteen minutes drawing for each, otherwise they'd never get done.[p]fun to do, but i'm wrestling with the whole "why make it look like watercolor if it's actually digital" thing... hahaha[p]

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante