Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

burgers 3D style

tjvtjv Posts: 3,566
edited 7:56AM in EggHead Forum
<a href=
<p />Anyone catch the hamburger show on Diners, Drive-Ins. and Dives last weekend. [p]cheesedup.jpg[p]They showed a griddle method where the dude loads up the burger in cheese, then drops ice on the griddle and covers it all. They looked good so I gave it a try....[p]bruger0819073.jpg[p]Damn fine burger! the melted cheese when it rehardens ain't bad either....[p]bruger0819072.jpg[p]The cook goes really quick, could not react fast enough to get the steam coming from the ice, maybe I needed a beer to calm the nerves........

www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.

Comments

• JRPfeffJRPfeff Posts: 9
    tjv, I saw that episode and want those burgers. What was the point of frying the burgers on the egg versus on a stove?
    Jim

• SmokeySmokey Posts: 2,468
    tjv,[p]Looks good! Is the ice/steam to help melt the cheese?[p]Smokey

• tjv, i saw the same show last weekend and it also made an impression on me - i didn't see him adding any ice though, just placing a lid over the food to create a steamy enviroment. the melted cheese that oozes onto the flat griddle does taste yummy.

• JRPfeff,[p]You're outside cooking on your egg, and you still get a touch of that Char flavor... but for the most part, it's just cooking on the egg! ;-)
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,566
    locolongball, takes the mess and smell outsidet too. Have you played Dornick...T

Smokey, I think the ice/steam softens the bun and might add a smidge of moisture to the burger. More testing needed, LOL. T

chefarnoldi, I like the guy who hosts the show, kinda out there doing his thing instead of the same-ole-same-ole. T

• SmokeySmokey Posts: 2,468
    tjv,[p]And I am sure my invitation just got hung up in the mail!![p]smokey.gif
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    tjv,[p] Guy is a Competition BBQ'r too. He has posted a couple times on the BBQ Forum. A good number of his winning votes when he was in the Next Food Network Star came from BBQ'r [p]OK I got Hamburger, Steak Seasoning, Steak Sauce, Onions, Cheddar Cheese slices, and puff pastry ...[p]
    Celtic Wolf, can't be Paula's recipe without butta....

• Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    tjv,[p] It's not. It's her son's recipe :)

• WyldwoodWyldwood Posts: 84
    tjv,
    I love to eat at the Squeeze Inn. I go about once a month for a cholesterol overload. Their fries are among the best, too. The rest of the items are very good, but the Squeeze Burger is tops. They do put ice on the grill to help the steam when they cover the burgers.

• DarnocDarnoc Posts: 2,661
    chefarnoldi,
    Crispy cheese has the best flavor ever.Often I will put a little bit of in on a cast iron skillet and get it cooked till it justs turns real dark brown then put it on the side and add it to the burger like you would bacon bits.