Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Boneless Country style ribs...

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Looking for tips on Country style ribs such as temps and duration of the cooks. I've about perfected baby backs, but I've never tried egging the country style. I would have prefered bone-in, but Publix didn't have any and I didn't feel like running to Costco on a Saturday. Thanks,Todd

Comments

• hankhank Posts: 84
    Todd,
    Country-style are my favorite, to be honest. I think they have a lot more flavor than baby backs, and seem to absorb more rub and smoke flavor. I do them 3-1-1. While I have found that baby backs can get a little dry over the full 5 hour cook, country-styles hold up really well and stay moister.Just check them when they come out of the foil and judge the last hour accordingly.

Good luck,
    Hank
  • Cobbegger,
    Honestly those arn't ribs. It is probably a chunk of the loin. Cook them almost as though you would a pork chop. I have smoked them a couple of times and they only turned out good once. I think it is because they are usually very lean and I must have gotten a good fatty batch one time.

• hankhank Posts: 84
    As Jeffybeer said, boneless country-style ribs aren't ribs in the strictest sense of the word. As I understand it, they are the bits left over from a trimmed rack. So, they ARE from the ribs of the pig, but they are trimmings. Still, I think they are great!