Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE is worth the money!

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have been a "lurker" for a couple of years trying to understand what all the excitement is about. Finally broke down and purchased a small egg for the wife and I. Yesterday did a pork tenderloin with a rub mixture the wife found in one of her magazines. Cooked at 350 for about 35 minues turning it once. This is the best meal we have ever had and can't wait to try something else. [p]The moral is, if you are as undecided as I was,have no fear you will love the egg.[p]

Comments

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    PaulS,[p]Its great to hear about your christening!! Non-eggers look at us as if we are part of some cult. The truth is "we love good food"! (Why is that so strange?!) It will even get better![p]Smokey

• Carl T
    Carl T Posts: 179
    Options
    PaulS,[p]Congrats on your purchase. I love my Small and can not imagine being without it. Wait till you try 3/4 inch chops cooked at 400 for 5 minutes a side. Awesome.[p]Carl T
  • Jim Benenson
    Options
    PaulS,[p]When I made my first meals on my Egg, they were not different meals from the ones I had cooked on my Weber: steak, chicken, salmon, peppers (I'm in Santa Fe!). My family and friends went crazy about the results! My wife wanted to know where I got such great meat. When I told her it was the same as we always had but cooked in the Egg, she didn't believe it at first. Now, everybody around here is a believer.[p]Jim