Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

NEW PURCHASE

Options
Jason
Jason Posts: 45
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I AM IN SEARCH OF A NEW GRILL . I AM LOOKING AT THE BGE LARGE AND THE PRIMO XL OVAL . WE ARE A FAMILY OF FOUR ANR COOK OUT ABOUT 3 TIMES A WEEK. WE SELDOM COOK FOR MANY GUEST. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHICH ONE TO PURCHASE? YOUR HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Comments

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    JASON,[p]Forum rules discourage product comparisons. However, most everyone here is really happy with our Eggs. A large will easily take care of a family of four. With a little fuss, and an additional grate, you can do a whole meal. I managed to cook for four on just a medium, but have added another for conveniece. [p]Look over this forums archives. The amount of good advbice on how to use an Egg is immense, and you will soon find yourself making many dishes you never considered before.[p]gdenby
  • Pharmeggist
    Pharmeggist Posts: 1,191
    Options
    JASON,
    I am cooking for a family of four.... well thats counting my 1.5 year old girl and newborn boy. Anyway, to answer your question the large would be your best bet. I bought a large and had so much fun I added a small :=) If I could only have one it would be the large hands down.
    ~Pharmeggist

• Michael B
    Michael B Posts: 986
    Options
    JASON,[p]Cooking for four with a large BGE should not a problem.
    I recently cooked two 13+ pound briskets in my LgBGE for a party my 19 year old son had. I took the briskets out, wrapped them in foil to rest in a cooler, and put on a dozen ears of corn and a large blueberry cobbler.
    If your family can eat more than this, you may want to look at buying a small to go with the large.