Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Mario Batali has a Big Green Egg!

edited 3:38PM in EggHead Forum
In today's NYT article about Mario's summer home in Michigan, here's the reference:[p]Mr. Batali's outdoor pizza oven was installed their second summer in the house (it was shipped from Italy) and soon after, an outdoor kitchen was added, complete with a Big Green Egg, a large oval ceramic smoker in which Mr. Batali makes, among other dishes, paella. "Since I can't cook it over a fire of vine clippings like they do in Spain, I bought this," he said.
·

Comments

• RRPRRP Posts: 14,950
    Gretl Collins,
    sounds like the reporter has something screwy since the words "Big Green Egg" and "oval" don't belong in the same sentence.

Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • Rusty RoosterRusty Rooster Posts: 1,239
    RRP,
    Could depend if they were looking at it verticlly or horizontally. LOL

·
  • GretlGretl Posts: 670
    RRP,
    I'm guessing it's an XL which is sort of oval, isn't it?

·
  • Isn't an egg just about the definition of "oval"?
    ·
  • tach18ktach18k Posts: 1,607
    Gretl Collins, Here is the article

[ul][li]Mario[/ul]
    ·
  • Sounds like he needs to try his Thanksgiving turkey a la Max instead of in the pizza oven.
    ·
  • Mike in AbitaMike in Abita Posts: 3,302
    Gretl,
    I can't speak for all of them but my XL is not oval.[p]Mike

·