Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Wellington??

Options
Rick G
Rick G Posts: 185
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a couple of pork tenderloins that I'm gonna cook up tomorrow. I was thinking of wrapping them in puff pastry, but I'm not sure what to put in with the pork. Maybe some goat cheese and bacon with garlic and onions?? Any ideas??

Comments

• mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 780
    Options
    Rick G,[p]spinach, cheese, roasted peppers, [p]or[p]spinach, cheese, fig preserves and other fruit[p]rdeal

See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • Mr. Toad,
    Chopped dried apricot, craisins, golden raisins, currants....

• mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 780
    Options
    GirlyEgg"?:,[p]all good ideas, [p]i took a recipe from a moroccan cookbook - recipe was for cooking a chicken in a tagines - used those ingredients and put them in a stuffed pork tenderloin[p]wow !! [p]rdeal[p]

See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    Options
    Rick G,
    I have never made a Beef Wellington, but it was my understanding the you generally cooked the beef first, so that it was basically done and you were just warming it up when you cooked the pastry.[p]I would think that you would really want to do that to get he pork to 138 before you wrapped it. Otherwise you are going to be worried about the pork when the pastry is done.

• Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    Rick G,
    To the man that wrote the book on a stuffed pork tenderloin and a blast from the past,it is good to see you posting again.Hope you are well and still giving the eggs a work out.

• Hoss's BBQ
    Hoss's BBQ Posts: 435
    Options
    Rick G,
    Traditional Beef Wellingtons have a muchroom duexelle around the outside of a seared tenderloin. The loin is only seared not cooked all the way through. it is cooled then the duexelle is wrapped around the loin. Then it is wrapped in puff pastry. Then coat the pastry with an egg wash. 3 yolks and 1 egg plus 1/4 cup of water. Coat all the pastry for even browning. We bake ours at 400*f for 15 min then turn down to 375 till golden brown. Then take out of oven and let rest for 15 minutes. I am sure that some one can figure out how to do it on an egg!