Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled Pork Tenderloin?

Options
Franco
Franco Posts: 88
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I love a boston butt that after many hours of cooking is served as pulled pork. But last night in a hurry to eat before a movie, we ate at a Q joint and I ordered the pulled pork sandwich.[p]The way it came out and the texture of it made me think it was a tenderloin instead of a butt. Anyone ever hear of people calling their tenderloins pulled pork? Do any of you pull your tenderloins versus slicing them? [p]Also, would a picnic come out looking different than a butt?[p]Thanks for the help. Frank

Comments

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    Franco,
    I can't imagine anyone calling a tenderloin butt. Not when, locally, butt usually retails for less than $2 a pound, and tenderloin for more than $5 a pound. The only difference I've noticed between picnics and butts is more weight loss with picnics, owing to more bone and gristle.

• GaDawg
    GaDawg Posts: 178
    Options
    Franco,
    There are lots of Q joints in the North Georgia
    area that use fresh hams. I bet that's what you
    had.[p]Chuck

• Franco,[p]Yesterday I smoked a 4.5 butt for aprox. 10 hrs. @ 225 degrees .It had been in MOJO for 24 hrs. like they suggested for Cuban pork roast.Pulled at 195g. warp it in a ice chest for 1 hr. Slice it [no pulling]thin . Made wonderful sandwiches.My wife said best yet.