Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chipotle sauce?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Someone posted a recipe and it included a sauce with chipotles. I cannot find this sauce recipe anywhere, including the archives. It might have had chipotles, ranch dressing or mayo and whatever. Any help would be appreciated.[p]Thank you

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    BlueSteel,
    It`s in the submitted recipes section above.....Made by Mike O and it is some awesome stuff.[p]Wess

[ul][li]Chipotle sauce[/ul]
  • Midnight Smoker
    Options
    BlueSteel,
    I usually just take a can of Chipoltes.....chop them up really well and mix them into a jar of Peach Preserves or jam. I will heat them up for a while to reduce the sauce a bit. Goes great with chicken thighs and pork. Paul

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    WessB,[p]What you doin up...Ol' Timer!![p]C
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Chubby,
    hell I`m up at 5:30 am every day, running late cause I`m off work today...Hope all is well with you and Ann[p]Wess

• WessB,
    Thanks, but that isn't the one I am looking for.

• GirlyEgg
    GirlyEgg Posts: 622
    Options
    BlueSteel,
    I know it's probably not what you're lookin' for, but try the Fischer & Weiser Raspberry Chipotle Sauce.. if you can find it! Costco sells it in TX.. but, sadly, not in Georgia! Whole foods carries a competing brand, Bronco Bob's Raspberry Chipotle Sauce... not a bad substitution! I use it on everything! Pork, chicken, beef... add some vinegar and it's a dressing!

• BlueSteel,[p]Here's a couple I found. What you decribed sounds familiar, but I can't find it now either. Hope this helps.[p]
    Chipotle Cream Sauce [p]12 dried chipotle chilies -
    1 teaspoon shallot - minced, stemmed
    1/2 teaspoon garlic - minced
    1 stick unsalted butter (1/2 cup)
    1 cup dry white wine
    2 cups whipping cream
    1/2 cup onion - diced
    1/2 teaspoon cornstarch dissolved in 2 tsp. wate
    1 tablespoon fresh rosemary - minced
    1 1/4 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
    more? [p]Bring large pot of water to boil. Add chilies and boil until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid. Puree chilies with 1/4 cup cooking liquid in blender. Strain through sieve. Set aside. Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon chipotle paste, onion, rosemary, pepper, shallot and garlic and stir 2 minutes. Add wine and boil until reduced by half. Add cream and boil until reduced to thin sauce consistency, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Taste, adding more chipotle paste if desire. Add cornstarch mixture and boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cool completely. Cover and refrigerate. Rewarm before using. Makes 3-3/4 cups. Use with Crab Enchiladas with Chipotle Cream Sauce. Recipe from Sonora Cafe, Los Angeles, California. Source: Bon Appetit - April, 1988 Posted to the BBQ List by Carey Starzinger on Apr 22, 1996 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - [p]Yield: 1 serving [p]
    Chipotle Barbecue Sauce - 1 [p]1 tablespoon olive oil
    1/2 cup onion; chopped
    2 tablespoons garlic; minced
    1 cup ketchup
    1/4 cup malt vinegar
    1/4 cup golden brown sugar
    1/4 cup coffee; strong brewed
    3 tablespoons beer; stout (like Guinness
    2 tablespoons molasses; unsulphured (light)
    2 tablespoons tomato paste
    2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
    2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
    1 1/4 teaspoons canned chipotle chilies; minced
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper; freshly ground [p]Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Add all remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally, about 25 minutes. Season with salt. Can be made 1 week ahead. Cover and refrigerate or can for longer storage. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - [p]...and the link these came from...[p][p]

[ul][li]http://www.bbq-porch.org/recipes/html/C3.htm[/ul]
  • Mike in Abita
    Mike in Abita Posts: 3,302
    Options
    GirlyEgg,
    If you like that one? Try the Blueberry Chipotle, works great with chicken.[p]Mike

• fyrcat
    fyrcat Posts: 41
    Options
    BlueSteel,
    I make shrimp tacos,and I make a chipotle sauce as follows: 1 cup mayo. 1-3 tbls dried ground chipotle or canned minced chipotle(adjust to your heat tolerance). Lime juice from 1-2 limes. Grated garlic-we use 3-5 very large cloves. Mix together.
    When I make the tacos, I grill the shrimp, shred green cabbage very fine, make fresh tortillas. I smear the chipotle mayo on the hot tortillas, pile on cabbage then add the shrimp and a squeeze of more lime. Its great!!!! Cathy