Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Big Green Thanks To Y'all

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
100_1366.jpg
<p />I've been a long time lurker and I've been lusting for a BGE for even longer time. [p]I just want to pass along my Thanks to all of y'all that gave my wife info and comparisons on the BGE's.[p]Upon my return from Iraq she had purchased not one but two BGE's for me (us).
An XL and Med and she also took the plans and had a table built and to top it all off she added the essential accoutrement [p]Thanks Again to ALL for your help and support.
Dustin [p]

Comments

• 100_1375.jpg
    <p />The Accoutrement[p]

• Dut, Congrats on coming home and thanks for all of you all we citizens and former military like myself really appreciate you all during this time in american history. So now you can enjoy freedom to fire up some steaks on those bad boys and eat like kings!!! just ask quest on how to cook and someone will reply Looks like you got the best setup available just becareful about flashback (when opening the lids above 400 degrees be sure and have both dampers open or you may get a flash fire happend 3x to me go to the naked whiz site for more info Take care Happy eggn HOORAH
    ret 1st LT Mech Inf 1/149th ky ARNG, Ingle

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Dut,
    You've got a great wife there for sure.[p]Thank you for your service.[p]Let us know how we can be of service to you. Lots of knowledge here so pipe up when you have questions.[p]H

• drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Dut,[p]Welcome home and congratulations for having a really great wife. Enjoy your eggs.
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • Rusty Rooster
    Rusty Rooster Posts: 1,239
    Dut,
    Thank you for your service and welcome to "the cult".

• Dut,
    welcome home and THANKS!!!!!![p]i agree, you have one great wife!. ...and anything you need to know, you'll find it right here on the forum, just ask. ...[p]one suggestion, you may want to move that set up a little further away from that burnable/meltable vinyl siding :)

• mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Do you really think that it will be an issue? I don't have a problem moving it but I didn't think it would be a problem.[p]
  • Dut,
    Now you just need some Dizzy Pig rub and your set up will be complete. [p]JJ

• Dut,
    doesn't need to be an issue when you keep an eye on things... the egg, even cooking at high temps won't give off enough heat to be a danger there. ...but from the experience of one our long time eggers, a rogue ember, blowing out of the bottom vent of the egg when you aren't paying attention, can lead to a major disaster when the eggs are too close to flamable structures ...

• Dut,[p]Wow your wife has great taste! There's something very relaxing about sitting back and watching the Egg cook. [p]Enjoy...and we look forward to seeing and reading about your cooks!
  • Good Eats
    Good Eats Posts: 136
    Dut,
    Thanks for your service ... welcome to the cult ... does your wife have a single sister?

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Dut,
    First of all, WELCOME HOME!!and THANKS for protecting us all! I agree that you might want to watch the distance from the vinyl on the house. A little bit of Trexing and an occaisonal flashback may prove to be a bad situation.
    I know you just got back but I need you to do me one more favor...can you have your wife teach my wife how to shop! She certainly knows how to accessorize...or is eggcessorize.LOL. It looks like you have got a great setup and many great cooks ahead. You've already got the best accessory you can get...this forum. It is full of knowlegable, helpful, creative folks. I've been cooking for years and I still learn things here all the time. Again, Thanks to you and your family for your sacrifice. Any questions,just ask!

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Dut,[p]Thanks for your service to our country.[p]Enjoy those eggs, but more importantly, enjoy your family and your time stateside. Welcome to the cult.[p]Rod Fortune
    SGT, USA, MP 92-97[p]

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Dut, welcome home. You have a camera.....we like pictures. [p]You might put the three green feet under each egg. If you like to know why as fishlessman.....[p]T

www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Gandolf
    Gandolf Posts: 906
    Dut,[p]Thank you for your service. While I think we all need to be careful, I'm not as concerned about proximity to the house. The Medium actually looks to be a foot and a half or so from the siding and you have screens on the bottom vents. Watch it the first couple of high temp cooks to see how warm the siding gets. Enjoy your setup.[p]Dave

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Dut,
    Welcome to the land of eggheads, terrific BBQ and good times. Oh boy, that's some nice gal ya have to set you up with those beautiful eggs. Lookin good![p]Thank you for your service to our Country, for making it strong and brave.
    Clay

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Dut,[p]THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE.[p]Your wife is wonderful and has a true understanding of your sacrifices. [p]Enjoy your eggs. I'm sure you earned it![p]"Honey, you smell" Smokey
  • FlaMike
    FlaMike Posts: 648
    Dut,
    Welcome Back!, and thanks for your service. You got some good eats coming, welcome to the club.
    FlaMike
    Capt, USAF, Ret 1960-1985

• Dut,
    welcome home and thanks for your service and sacrifice for our country.[p]Be sure to post pics when you get going on the egg.

• Dut,[p]GREAT!!! Welcome home and a huge thank you to you and your family for your service.[p]Your wife is a good 'egg'. I remember reading her questions on the forum, thinking how nice of her.[p]The best from our entire family, Kent[p]
  • Dut,[p]Watch out for ice on the roads. [p]Welcome to the club.
  • Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Dut,
    First of all, I want to say thanks to *you* for serving our country and to tell you how much I appreciate all you and your fellow soldiers and your families have done and sacrificed for us. [p]And as I'm sure you know, you have one heck of a wife. (I won't mention that this purchase was slightly self-serving on her part as now you'll be doing all the cooking!)[p]Enjoy your new toys. I know you're going to have lots of fun with them. I hope you continue to participate in this forum.[p]Gwen

• bobinaz
    bobinaz Posts: 44
    Dut,[p]Welcome home and thanks for your service to our country.[p]I was glad to help your wife decide... I believe we all were. WOW! what a great wifey you have!! Getting you the 2 eggs AND arrangng to have a really kick-butt table made for you too!! I hope your life can slow down for awhile and get some good family time in... cooking, eating. [p]Welcome to eggland![p]BoB

• Dut,[p]THANK YOU - and happy egging[p]A Navy tuber from '82-89.