Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Must be a new record....

Options
KennyG
KennyG Posts: 949
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
dblbutts.jpg
<p />I recently posted a response to an inquiry about the small Egg as a compliment to the large and "how much can you cook on the small?" My comments were pretty vanilla - yeah, you can do a butt, no problem with 2-3 big steaks, yada yada. [p]Then I received an email from an all too infrequent member of the forum - Old Dave. He wrote to tell me that I didn't have a clue and he was right. He shared these images of his cooking a pair of over 8 lb butts on the small. Hell of a nice job.[p]Old Dave, if you are out there, chime in and take a bow. Also don't be a stranger around these parts.[p]K~G

Comments

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    KennyG,
    Wow...I just thought I loaded up my mini egg...That looks great.
    Larry

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    YB,[p]I think it's time for a little friendly competition to see who can max out any given size Egg. You own the mini right now and Old Dave the small. To ensure fairness, we could travel around and certify the cooking just in case some slippery multiple Egg owner would try to cook on the large and then transfer the Q to a smaller Egg for the sake of taking pictures. We would have to sample the finished product, of course, and wash it down with a couple of brewskis. All of this would be covered by the entry fee hehehe[p]K~G

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    000-011.jpg
    <p />KennyG,
    Here is KennyG's mini before he owned it - at Eggfest2000.[p]Tim[p]
    WOW - The World Trade Ctr just got bombed by two planes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man o man

• MAC
    MAC Posts: 442
    Options
    KennyG,
    I think you'll find that Ol' Dave will beat us on the large too. Have you seen his setup for multiple butts on the large?