Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled Pork at 178- How much longer

Options
Wingman
Wingman Posts: 26
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm going to Church in an hour, I'm steady at 290 in the BGE with a 8.5lb meal![p]Do I stop at 200? and do you think 2 hour from now when I get back everything will be OK?
Matt

Comments

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    wingman,[p]You should make it comfortably. [p]Spin
  • Wingman
    Options
    Spin,[p]Spin,
    Give me your take on this:
    I went to bed with an internal temp of 135 woke up 3 hours later and I was still there. The pit went down to 155. I got it back up in about an hour, went back to bed. Woke up 2 hours later and I was at 170 with the BGE at 325!!!! Slowed it down quick maybe too quick and internal went back to 160 and I have been climbing perfect from there. [p]Any damage done??? Drip pan with apple cider and beer was always under the pork, and its raised near the top of the egg, I HAD to open to check and all looks fine.
    Thanks
    Matt

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Wingman,[p]Your internal went down 10 degrees? Maybe your probe isn't deep enough in the meat or maybe it is touching bone? That doesn't seem right.[p]I would think that you'll be safe for 2 hours. Butts can go to 205 internal without any problem.
  • Wingman
    Options
    Fidel,
    Sure did! I'm not 100% confident in this digital, but I know I lost temps in the egg! The meat is pulling nicely from the bone and I just moved the thermometer and its about the same in another spot. Well, its actually 4 deg different.