Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Pulled Pork at 178- How much longer

WingmanWingman Posts: 26
edited 10:46PM in EggHead Forum
I'm going to Church in an hour, I'm steady at 290 in the BGE with a 8.5lb meal![p]Do I stop at 200? and do you think 2 hour from now when I get back everything will be OK?
Matt

Comments

• SpinSpin Posts: 1,375
    wingman,[p]You should make it comfortably. [p]Spin
  • WingmanWingman Posts: 26
    Spin,[p]Spin,
    Give me your take on this:
    I went to bed with an internal temp of 135 woke up 3 hours later and I was still there. The pit went down to 155. I got it back up in about an hour, went back to bed. Woke up 2 hours later and I was at 170 with the BGE at 325!!!! Slowed it down quick maybe too quick and internal went back to 160 and I have been climbing perfect from there. [p]Any damage done??? Drip pan with apple cider and beer was always under the pork, and its raised near the top of the egg, I HAD to open to check and all looks fine.
    Thanks
    Matt

• FidelFidel Posts: 10,172
    Wingman,[p]Your internal went down 10 degrees? Maybe your probe isn't deep enough in the meat or maybe it is touching bone? That doesn't seem right.[p]I would think that you'll be safe for 2 hours. Butts can go to 205 internal without any problem.
  • WingmanWingman Posts: 26
    Fidel,
    Sure did! I'm not 100% confident in this digital, but I know I lost temps in the egg! The meat is pulling nicely from the bone and I just moved the thermometer and its about the same in another spot. Well, its actually 4 deg different.