Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Pulled Pork at 178- How much longer

WingmanWingman Posts: 26
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm going to Church in an hour, I'm steady at 290 in the BGE with a 8.5lb meal![p]Do I stop at 200? and do you think 2 hour from now when I get back everything will be OK?
Matt

Comments

• SpinSpin Posts: 1,375
    wingman,[p]You should make it comfortably. [p]Spin
  • WingmanWingman Posts: 26
    Spin,[p]Spin,
    Give me your take on this:
    I went to bed with an internal temp of 135 woke up 3 hours later and I was still there. The pit went down to 155. I got it back up in about an hour, went back to bed. Woke up 2 hours later and I was at 170 with the BGE at 325!!!! Slowed it down quick maybe too quick and internal went back to 160 and I have been climbing perfect from there. [p]Any damage done??? Drip pan with apple cider and beer was always under the pork, and its raised near the top of the egg, I HAD to open to check and all looks fine.
    Thanks
    Matt

• FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    Wingman,[p]Your internal went down 10 degrees? Maybe your probe isn't deep enough in the meat or maybe it is touching bone? That doesn't seem right.[p]I would think that you'll be safe for 2 hours. Butts can go to 205 internal without any problem.
  • WingmanWingman Posts: 26
    Fidel,
    Sure did! I'm not 100% confident in this digital, but I know I lost temps in the egg! The meat is pulling nicely from the bone and I just moved the thermometer and its about the same in another spot. Well, its actually 4 deg different.