Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

butt help needed!

Options
Slim
Slim Posts: 44
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
putt on a 5 lb butt this am at 5 has been in there 8 hours i am at 163 question is do i stay at 230 or is there a temp when reached that i can increase the egg up to 300 or so? thanks looks FANTASTIC!

Comments

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    slim,[p]You are just getting into the temperature range that all of the good things start to happen with the meal. Extending the cook in this temperature range is a good thing if you have the time available. If time is short, kick the dome to 250-275°F. The internal temperature will be slow to rise, but will quicken after about 170-175°F.[p]Spin
  • Slim
    Slim Posts: 44
    Options
    Spin,thanks good things are worth waiting for! appreciate the help

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    slim,[p]Once the internal temperature reaches 170°F kick the dome temp up to 275°F. Remove the meal at 190-195°F internal temp and tent under foil for a 20-30 minute rest. Then pull it apart and enjoy.[p]Spin[p]