Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Good wings that aren't spicy?

Options
BluesnBBQ
BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My family's coming over Sunday for some pulled pork and chicken. My step-brother (who lives in Germany) is in town, and he's the guest of honor. He asked me to cook lots of Buffalo wings, but he also wants some that aren't spicy (for his one year old son). Anyone have a suggestion for good wings that aren't spicy?

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    BluesnBBQ,
    Try ChefRDs wings, without the hot sauce. Or with a mild Q sauce at the end. Eliminate the cayenne pepper, and add some powdered ginger. We do this a lot, as the kids and missuz don't like them spicy.[p]Also Tanker Tim's wings are excellent, and can easily be mildified.
    Enjoy the fine weather.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    BluesnBBQ,[p]I tossed this one out on Basso's forum a few years back and have received a lot of compliments on it. Most of the heat cooks away or you can leave the pepper flakes and hot sauce out altogether.[p]K~G

[ul][li]mild wings[/ul]
  • Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    BluesnBBQ,
    YES!! KennyG is right on time with that wing recipie. I make those several times a month. Want it hotter, add more tabasco and red pepper, want it mild, add less of each. The way it written is not that hot though. I give it 5 stars...

Apollo Beach, FL
  • Pug
    Pug Posts: 57
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    I will second that. My wife cannot tolerate hot stuff so ChefRD's wings, minus any hot stuff, are really good. Of course, make sure your wings are chicken and not African or European Swallow. :-)[p]Steve

• BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Options
    BluesnBBQ, How many wings will a 1 year old eat, no matter how good they are? Just set 1 or 2 aside before layin' on that glorious buffalo wing sauce (although some of the 'alternative' recipe suggestions do sound mighty fine!)
    Qfan

• Zip
    Zip Posts: 372
    Options
    BluesnBBQ,[p]For a good wing that is not spicy, just cook 'em with just a little salt. When they are ready, just mix two parts butter, with one part honey and one part bbq sauce. That is how a couple family members like them.[p]Ashley
  • BluesnBBQ
    Options
    "How many wings will a 1 year old eat, no matter how good they are?"[p]If he takes after his dad at all, he'll eat dozens! :) I'll probably do a batch with a glazing of barbecue sauce. That should keep him happy.
  • BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Options
    BluesnBBQ, Does Gerber put out a line of bbq sauces?
    I know what you mean; when Hannah was real little we'd find rib bones behind the vcr, tv, couch etc..
    BBQfan1

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    BluesnBBQ,
    Try 1 cup Yoshida's Gourmet sauce and 1 stick of butter.
    Larry

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    KennyG,[p]I dropped the salt from the recipe and it only affected the taste a little. Sue ate 14 without sauce! Very good recipe.[p]Spin