Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Egg Season

SchneidSchneid Posts: 24
edited 2:34PM in EggHead Forum
Have had BGE since late 12/00 and have thoroughly enjoyed the cooks. All have been rehearsal for now---this morning with new found ferver I slathered up a Butt a' whooping and a' hollering: "Are you ready for some football!" This weekend kicks it off---will be cooking with one arm as pigskin will be tucked in other.
·

Comments

• Schneid,
    I heard that! I am setting a butt on the grill tonight for the Cocks UGA bulldogs game. I have great recipe for BBQ'd UGA bulldog starts with an interception by Sheldon Brown;~) Cock a Doodle LOU!

·
  • Schneid,
    YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOOOOOOOOOOOOOTBALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!
    Cornfed and I will attend the JETS season opener as they take on the Indy Colts.
    Ahhhhh Football and BBQ....so perfect tegether!!
    Heeeeeeee!
    ST

·
  • Smokin' Todd,
    What, no beer?[p]Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,
    R&J

·
  • Smokin' Todd,
    What, no beer?[p]Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,
    R&J

·
  • Schneid,
    I don't understand. "Egg Season"? Is there such a thing? It implies a start and an end, and of course, once you start, there is no end! [p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • The Naked Whiz,
    That is an astute observation! Eyeeeh I think the reason for the SEASON is to try new seasoning. Maybe it is just an excuse to cook more?

·
  • The Naked Whiz,
    It is true that there need be no reason for a season for Egging, just approaching my first autumn with BGE out back. Sports, BBQ and of course beer enhance eachother---when Q'ing, I like sports and of course beer. When watching sport, I like to BBQ, and of course drink beer. When drinking beer, I like most anything.....
    Tonight spicy hot wings and shrimp as NW takes out UNLV, then a Butt finds rest for tomorrow schedule of football, and of course....beer.

·
  • Schneid,
    Oh yes! Must have Beer!(Homer Simpson noise)

·
  • Schneid,
    Officially, "Egg Season" runs from March 1st through February 29th, inclusive.

·
  • RhumAndJerk,
    Does a bear sh*t in the woods where he wants to?
    ST

·
  • Smokin' Todd
    heeeeee.
    R&J

·