Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Char Sui...Chinese Pork

Options
Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After the inspirational discussion on Chinese Pork the other day, I pulled out the seasoning pack of Noh of Hawaii Chinese Pork Char Siu. The instructions are to mix the dry seasoning with 1/2 cup water. I used half the pack, and 1/4 cup of Sake, and a tad of water. Marinated a couple pounds of sliced boston butt, and folded onto skewers.[p]I cooked the skewers at 250 direct, flipping every 20-25 minutes for a couple hours. The temp had worked up to 300 by the finish. They were nicely crusted with only a couple small areas of black. Lemme tell you these were good. There is a lot of sugar in there, and the results were sweet....wonderfully sweet. The unique seasonings were excellent...and subtle. The pork was very red from the dye, and the looks were extremely appetizing. The kids asked what it was, and I told them "candied pork". They ate more than there share...having seconds and thirds before they even touched their rice and veggies. So, I can heartily recommend Noh Char Siu seasoning. I just started marinating some chicken thighs in the same stuff for tonight![p]We are the knights who say NOH!
NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments