Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pizza smokin style

edited 12:31AM in EggHead Forum
With all the pizza cookin going on here...[p]Pizza crust as you like it.
For sauce put on your favorite bbq sauce flavor (I like more mild).[p]Toppins... well that is open
I like half/half (only 2 here and we can't eat a full pizza each)[p]1/2 smoked chicken, sliced tomato, green pepper & onion
(smokked chicken and pinapple is also great)
1/2 smoked sausage (or fattie cut up) mushroom, onion[p]of course the toppins are endless, but using the bbq sause for a change as the base is fantastic.[p]Good eatin

·

Comments

• hankhank Posts: 84
    Good idea on the BBQ sauce! I confess that my pizzas on the Egg with homemade dough have been less than spectacular. Underdone, overdone, stuck to the stone even with a liberal amount of cornmeal....I can't seem to nail it. So, I tend to buy a store crust and go from there. The best luck I've had is with a homemade wheat crust. Do you use a homemade dough? What temp and method? I have the plate setter and p-stone.
    ·