Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

cooking desserts in the BGE

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My husband just purchased a BGE and he loves it. My question is that I know you can cook desserts on the BGE, but how do you do it? A response would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Angela Wagner,
    Check the new recipe section. There are plenty! Grilled sugar dipped pineapple comes to mind. And MikeO's other recipe of rum soaked fruit. Also upsode down cake, bananas balanese. Quite a few recipes there, and they have all been tried and trued on the egg.
    Welcome to this fine forum!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Sippi
    Sippi Posts: 83
    Options
    Angela Wagner,
    Check the View New Recipies Secton at the top of this page in the "sides" section. The sugar dipped pineapple is one that all of my family particularly enjoys.

• Kevin D
    Options
    Angela Wagner,[p]Just plain ol' brownies are great, too.[p]Kevin
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    banana2.jpg
    <p />Angela Wagner,[p]There are a billion pictures on my website. Many are of Eggfest or Eggtoberfests. You will see many desserts being made - the others have told you where the recipes are. Enjoy!! Those by MikeO were wonderful as were the bananas balinese (pictured).[p]Tim
    [ul][li]Tim's[/ul]
  • Gretl
    Gretl Posts: 670
    Options
    Angela Wagner,
    There was a delicious-sounding peach and plum cobbler recipe posted sometime around Labor Day weekend. I plan on trying it soon. Check the backlog and if you can't find it, I'll post it again...or maybe the original poster (can't remember; sorry) will see this.
    Cheers,
    Gretl

• RhumAndJerk
    Options
    Angela Wagner,
    There is one dessert that I look forward to at every Eggfest and that is James’s Pineapple Upside-down cake. James works for BGE and he usually makes it at the end of the day. No matter how full I am (very), I always find room for a piece or two.[p]The other good one was MikeO’s Fruit Kabobs from Eggfest.[p]Enjoy,
    RhumAndJerk

• TOROLNSTND
    Options
    Angela Wagner,
    After a nice doulbe serving of brisket for dinner, I like to wait about an hour or so and serve myself a nice heaping portion of brisket for dessert.

• Mike Oelrich
    Options
    Angela Wagner,[p] As you proably surmised from the posts below, I enjoy cooking fruit on the BGE (any fruit that is still firm when it is ripe will do nicely). I've also had great luck with sweet potato pie -- got some pictures of that somewhere. You can do any dessert you'd do in an oven (as long as you cook indirect), but beware that the lump charcoal will add some flavor. To minimize the intrusion of the flavor from that last pork butt, make sure you've burned off the remnants of prior cooks and cleaned the grid well. [p]MikeO