Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I now have an Empty Nest to fill...

Gretl
Gretl Posts: 670
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi all,
Good old husband Jim surprised me on Labor Day with a lovely cedar BGE cart, fully loaded, with green wheels. I'm all verklempt. I rewarded Jim with a Beer Butt Bird for dinner, and we were all sodden with ecstasy. Enough of this foolish talk.
---
So now I have this empty Egg Nest for a Large Egg. What should I do with it? Plant stand? Too high off the ground. Container for a huge salad bowl? Nah, I'd have to wheel it around and make Caesar salad at the table. Too fussy. I'm now thinking of a small pal for my Large BGE. Is there any way of retro-fitting a Large nest to fit a Small BGE? I know you guys are creative about All Things Egg, and any suggestions are appreciated. [p]Cheers,
Gretl

Comments

• GaDawg
    GaDawg Posts: 178
    Gretl,
    Big Green Chimenea fits it like a glove!
    Chuck

• Gretl,
    Just go and get a large to fit the cart.
    I'm guessin the hubby figured you'd do that and that's why he bought one with large hole.
    I won't bother to ask him until the new large was in the cart though, you know just to be safe.
    Have fun,
    B D

• Gretl
    Gretl Posts: 670
    Big Daddy,
    Thanks for being so discreet! What I really need to do to justify being a multi-egger is to find more time to Egg. The obvious answer is to quit my job, but that would mean we couldn't afford anything to put on the Egg(s). Oh, well...I'll figure it all out. Thanks for the suggestion!
    Cheers,
    Gretl