Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

chargrilled oysters?????

edited 9:42PM in EggHead Forum
any body tried these on the egg???[p]
http://www.gumbopages.com/food/seafood/char-erstas.html

·

Comments

• RichardRichard Posts: 698
    wed tailgator,
    Sounds great, Here is a variation: I served these at the Florida Eggfest '07.[p]Appetizer, Lobsterman's Oyster Shooters

On a recent trip to Panama City, Fl., my friend and I were told about a great seafood restaurant (Shuckums), known for oysters, while there enjoying the feast, I commented to the bartender that the sauce was great and might be good on BBQ ribs and was wondering what was in it. She was not sure, but said that a coworker might know and a few minutes later a man appeared who turned out to be one of the owners and had been there 25 years. After some friendly visiting he shared this cocktail sauce with us.
    [p]Ingredients :
    2 oz Shot Glass
    1 whole Oyster, cooked or raw
    Squirt of Cocktail Sauce (recipe follows)
    1/2 oz of your favorite Bloody Mary Mix (I used Zing Zang)
    Squeeze of Lemon Juice
    Shot of your favorite Vodka
    Cocktail Sauce
    48 oz Ketchup
    4 oz Lemon Juice
    4 oz Louisiana Hot Sauce
    7 oz Red Wine Vinegar
    2/3 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
    2 oz ground Black Pepper
    4 oz fresh ground Horseradish
    4 Ozs. Worchestershire Sauce
    Mix all together.
    Makes a little over 1/2 gallon and will keep in the refrigerator 6 months plus.

Preparation :
    1 Add all ingredients in the shot glass, then.........
    2 down the hatch, no chewing!!

Recipe Type
    Appetizer

Recipe Source
    Author: Richard Howe (Richard)[p]Source: BGE Florida Eggfest '07, Richard

[p]

·
  • RumrunnerRumrunner Posts: 563
    wed tailgator,[p]You really want the freshest oysters you can get. Nice plump ones.[p]32 oysters, on the half shell
    1 cup (2 sticks) butter
    2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
    1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (use Parmigiana Reggiano)
    1/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
    1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
    Heat the grill over medium-high heat.
    Melt the butter with the garlic and pepper in a large skillet. Mix the Parmigiana and Romano cheeses in a small bowl.[p]Spoon some of the melted butter mixture onto each oyster. Add a pinch of the combined cheeses to each oyster, add a pinch of parsley, then place on the grill. Grill the oysters until they are hot,bubbly and puffed, about 8 minutes.[p]YIELD: 8 servings.

·
  • ranger rayranger ray Posts: 812
    Rumrunner,
    yikes! i'm off from work tues...i'm making some of these! thanks!

·