Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Any ideas for chuck roast on BGE?

edited 11:33AM in EggHead Forum
I wanted to try a chuck roast on the egg but I haven't found any ideas yet. Does anyone have something they've tried before?

Comments

• RollocksRollocks Posts: 570
    venona7,[p]I make Clays pulled Beef BBQ all the time. It's great. If you don't have any Dizzy Pig substitute your favorite rub.[p]
    [ul][li]Clay's Pulled Beef[/ul]
  • RollocksRollocks Posts: 570
    venona7,[p]There are some great pictures of Clays pulled Beef being made just a few topics down under the heading "Pulled Beef Thanks Clay Q"
    [ul][li]http://www.greeneggers.net/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=319697&catid=1[/ul]
  • 2EggTim2EggTim Posts: 170
    venona7,
    Qbabe has a great recipe for chuck roast in a dutch oven. I had to search the archives. She posted it in 2003. Hope this helps.

• SmokeySmokey Posts: 2,468
    venona7,[p]I think this is a botton round (mayube top round, don't remember) but hope you get the idea!![p]1839aa0e.jpg
    P1010044.jpg[p]Smokey

• gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,624
    venona7,[p]If you don't happen to have a Dutch oven, as in the previous posts, a double thick heavy duty aluminum foil pouch works O.K.[p]gdenby

• thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    DSC02724a.jpg
    <p />venona7,[p]I make pepper beef using chuckies, pepperoncini and some package seasonings. Super easy. The link to my how-to page is below.[p]~thirdeye~
    [ul][li]Click Here[/ul]
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • RumrunnerRumrunner Posts: 563
    potroast4.jpg
    <p />venona7, you could try my method...real tasty.

[ul][li]Rum's Beef Stew[/ul]
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Hey Rumrunner,[p]Ever cooked a whole chuck roll? I keep eyeballing them at Sams. Something like $1.91 a pound for the whole ones. I've had them cut me pieces 3 or 4 inches thick which cooked up really nice.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • RumrunnerRumrunner Posts: 563
    thirdeye,I think that would be a great low and slow cook. Maybe inject the roll to keep it moist.

• Yesterday's chuck roast barbacoa was based on this:[p]
    SOUTH TEXAS STYLE BEEF BARBACOA[p]1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
    1 ½ teaspoons black pepper
    1 tablespoon dried oregano
    1 ½ teaspoons chile powder
    1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
    2 ½ - 3 ½ pound bone-in chuck roast[p]Didn't feel right without some cayenne, paprika, and cumin.[p]Smoked it over apple, basted it with some Goya Ginger Beer, for grins.[p]No tortillas on hand, so pulled some with a pair of forks and made a sandwich with some bbq sauce. Awfully good eatin'.