Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ok... Now that I know what a "Fattie" is...

Options
GirlyEgg
GirlyEgg Posts: 622
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Once you cook it, how do you serve it? slice? dice?

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    GirlyEgg,[p] Yes. I serve mine on Biscuits with Egg and Cheese. IF there is any left I make sausage gravy.[p]
  • hank
    hank Posts: 84
    Options
    Anything goes! You can slice it or dice it up and mix it with some scrambled eggs. I've crumbled it and put it in chili..... Basically, anything you could think of to do with a "summer sausage" style meat is doable.
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    GirlyEgg, I eat mine sliced on a bagel with cream cheese. It's about as decadent as I can get.

• GirlyEgg, I keep mine (along with Pig Candy) in the fridge for "snack attacks"! Nothing better when you wake up in the middle of the night and just need a quick "fix" with no fuss or muss! Oh, so nice.....[p]Rascal

• hank
    hank Posts: 84
    Options
    I cooked a couple of fatties and put them out as an "hors d'oeuvre" when a couple I know came over for dinner one night. The husband managed to eat a whole fattie and part of the other. He had no idea what it was. When I told him he had just eaten an entire package of Jimmy Dean sausage he almost popped a vein. Literally. Fatties are like the crack of bar-b-cue as far as I am concerned.
  • Ross in Ventura
    Options
    DSCN1466.jpg
    <p />GirlyEgg,
    These Fatties and Biscuits just came off the Egg. Real GOOD!
    Ross