Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The BGE a Perfect Pizza Oven

Nessmuk
Nessmuk Posts: 251
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Traditionally, we have 1 or 2 pizza cooks a year. Each person provides their prefences in toppings. My wife cuts/slices/dices the & places them on the counter.[p]Each family member creates their pizza & gives it to me for cooking.[p]The BGE is ready & waiting at 500 to 700 degrees. I slide them onto the pizza stone for cooking.[p]In 20 to 25 minutes the best pizza is ready for eating.[p]The BGE keeps the temp ready for hours.[p]

Comments

• Pharmeggist
    Pharmeggist Posts: 1,191
    Nessmuk,
    At my house we make Home-made pizza's on the BGE pretty much on a weekly basis. Right now it is not to complicated since we have a 1.5 year old girl and a newborn boy. My wife (and little girl) likes cheese pizza best and I like everything on mine.
    Happy Egging, Pharmeggist

• Avocados
    Avocados Posts: 465
    This is where having two Large BGE's comes in really handy.[p]Cook twice the pizza in half the time! Less time waiting and more time eating.[p]We do it every week too.