Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hey y'all doin - new BGE

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey everyone. As my buddy Citizen Q has told ya, we won a large BGE at Harpoon in Vt. Well, I fired it up for the first time today. I was VERY impressed with the performance. But I'm sure that's not news to you folks! I only cooked up a chicken and some 'taters, but everything came out great. I'm looking forward to Q'n some more stuff tommorow.
I have been lurking here for a while, but now that I'm using the egg, I'm sure you'll see more of me.
If I do this right, you should be able to follow the link to some pics of today's cook.[p]Gary
lunchmeat

[ul][li]http://picasaweb.google.com/lunchmeatBBQ[/ul]

Comments

• tigerpaw
    tigerpaw Posts: 12
    Options
    lunchmeat,[p]Very nice looking cook! The skin on the chicken is perfect.
  • Pharmeggist
    Pharmeggist Posts: 1,191
    Options
    lunchmeat,
    I wonder how long it will take you before you use egg(s) to cook in competition.... by the way your spatched chicken looked great. Glad you joined the cult I mean family. Just curious how you came up with the handle lunchmeat? do tell.
    ~Pharmeggist

• drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Options
    lunchmeat,[p]Congrats Gary and welcome to Eggland.
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • Pharmeggist,
    Me, my wife, and another team member, Matt, all grew up together. "lunchmeat" was a word we used for someone who indulged in a few too many adult beverages. After they passed out/ fell over/ fell down or whatever, they would be proclaimed "lunchmeat".
    That's the short of it.[p]Gary

• drbbq,
    Thanks Ray. Are you coming back to New England anytime soon to compete?[p]Gary

• BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Options
    lunchmeat,
    Hey Gary, congrats on the win!
    We've used the Egg in competition for about 6 years now and just started with the BW Party four comps ago; pretty much the reverse of your situation. Pass along some BW tips and I'd gladly share some Egg ideas!
    See you at Oinktoberfest to defend your title?
    Mike
    Dizzy Pig Canada