Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My great big fattie addiction

Options
Smokey
Smokey Posts: 2,468
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I think I'm in need of some professional help. I woke up this morning and my mind was busy with thoughts of what to cook (on the egg) ... and wouldn't you know it, I has some maple sausage just asking to be introduced to the large egg.[p]Well, to make a long story short, my wife got up maybe a half an hour after I started to make a fattie and said "I know you are cooking tonight, but you kinda smell like smoke already".[p]Now the part about professional help. I think I'm addicted fatties and egged food in general (this has been going for 9 years and seems to be getting worse). Are there 12 steps or forget about t, keep coking and accept that there are things out of our control!?[p]Smokey

Comments

• hank
    hank Posts: 84
    Options
    Well, admitting you have a problem is the first step. ;)
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Smokey,[p]Well, maybe just side-step the addiction a bit. Around here, the sweet corn is coming in, and Egg-roasted with just a bit rub-mixed butter is quite satifying. [p]gdenby

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Smokey, well don't call me. I finished off the last of a fattie I did last week at the lake and took out another roll (of turkey sausage - heart healthy you know) to do tonight after I cook dinner.

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    Smokey, [p]12. lamb
    11. veggies
    10. seafood
    9. baked goods,
    8. pizza
    7. beef, other than steak and ribs
    6. pork, other than shoulder and ribs
    5. poultry
    4. steaks
    3. pork shoulder
    2. ribs
    1. sausage various [p]did I leave anything out....

www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Smokey
    Options
    gdenby,[p]I'll take an order of your corn, TJV's brisket and almost any of the shrimp dishes pictured!![p]Oh yeah, make that to go please![p]Smokey
  • Smokey
    Options
    Wise One,[p]I did try to call you yesterday (I IM'ed too). Let's try to get together for lunch next week![p]Smokey
  • Smokey
    Options
    tjv,[p]That's a good list, think I've been through all of the 12 steps (some more that others). It only makes thing worse (or better)!![p]Have a great weekend![p]Smokey
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    tjv,[p] Don't you have spider rings and extended grids to be working on?[p] You don't want to get that Lawn Ranger Reputation you know..[p]
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    Celtic Wolf, comments like that get you pushed to the bottom of the list......welded your stuff today, finish tomorrow. Gotta come up for cool air periodically, it's only 105 in the garage.....maybe smoke some cheese in the garage while welding, LOL. T

www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.