Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

My great big fattie addiction

SmokeySmokey Posts: 2,468
edited 2:52AM in EggHead Forum
I think I'm in need of some professional help. I woke up this morning and my mind was busy with thoughts of what to cook (on the egg) ... and wouldn't you know it, I has some maple sausage just asking to be introduced to the large egg.[p]Well, to make a long story short, my wife got up maybe a half an hour after I started to make a fattie and said "I know you are cooking tonight, but you kinda smell like smoke already".[p]Now the part about professional help. I think I'm addicted fatties and egged food in general (this has been going for 9 years and seems to be getting worse). Are there 12 steps or forget about t, keep coking and accept that there are things out of our control!?[p]Smokey

Comments

• hankhank Posts: 84
    Well, admitting you have a problem is the first step. ;)
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,624
    Smokey,[p]Well, maybe just side-step the addiction a bit. Around here, the sweet corn is coming in, and Egg-roasted with just a bit rub-mixed butter is quite satifying. [p]gdenby

• Wise OneWise One Posts: 2,645
    Smokey, well don't call me. I finished off the last of a fattie I did last week at the lake and took out another roll (of turkey sausage - heart healthy you know) to do tonight after I cook dinner.

• tjvtjv Posts: 3,358
    Smokey, [p]12. lamb
    11. veggies
    10. seafood
    9. baked goods,
    8. pizza
    7. beef, other than steak and ribs
    6. pork, other than shoulder and ribs
    5. poultry
    4. steaks
    3. pork shoulder
    2. ribs
    1. sausage various [p]did I leave anything out....

www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • SmokeySmokey Posts: 2,468
    gdenby,[p]I'll take an order of your corn, TJV's brisket and almost any of the shrimp dishes pictured!![p]Oh yeah, make that to go please![p]Smokey
    Wise One,[p]I did try to call you yesterday (I IM'ed too). Let's try to get together for lunch next week![p]Smokey
    tjv,[p]That's a good list, think I've been through all of the 12 steps (some more that others). It only makes thing worse (or better)!![p]Have a great weekend![p]Smokey
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,769
    tjv,[p] Don't you have spider rings and extended grids to be working on?[p] You don't want to get that Lawn Ranger Reputation you know..[p]
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,358
    Celtic Wolf, comments like that get you pushed to the bottom of the list......welded your stuff today, finish tomorrow. Gotta come up for cool air periodically, it's only 105 in the garage.....maybe smoke some cheese in the garage while welding, LOL. T

www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.