Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

grill avocados?

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was talking to a friend today and he said he grills avocados. i have never heard of people doing this.[p]How do they turn out? Anyone have pictures?

Comments

• SkyRider
    SkyRider Posts: 41
    luis, Have never done them, but saw on Foodtv.com about a month ago... they took out the seed, splashed on some lemon juice (to retain color), a bit of minced garlic, and put on the grill 4-5 min per ea...note that they did NOT peel the avocado. After cooking, they filled center w/ salsa...but could be anything you want. Good luck...

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    luis,[p]They are the bomb. They are on that list of things like grilled fruit or bologna, you know... ready-to-eat before going on the grill ..... hard to goof up.[p]Grilled Avocados[p]Peel, remove the pit, leave in halves or cut to quarters. Brush with a little extra-virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Oil a grill rack, I like the ones called disposable and grill 60 to 90 seconds per side. The balsamic will just caramelize. Serve with lemon wedges or grate some Parmesan or Maytag Blue cheese on them. [p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    luis,[p]I put 1/2 avocado on 1/4 tortilla. Oil the whole thing and sprinkle it with a little rub then grill until the tortilla is crispy. Top with salsa or just diced tomato.

Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ