Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need London Broil help...

Options
wrobs
wrobs Posts: 109
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My wife came home with a London Broil to cook for dinner. I have to admit, I usually use LB to make jerky and have never cooked one for a meal. My son concocted a marinade and its brewing right now... how do I cook it? I'm guessing 325 until 130ish, sear both sides at 650, slice thin against the grain? Any advice would be appreciated.[p]Robert

Comments

• SyraQ
    SyraQ Posts: 95
    Options
    wrobs,
    I usually marinate them as you are doing, but I do it fast and hot with some dwell time, like a steak.
    Best taken off when med. rare and let rest. You don't want to go to much more done with this cut. I do them regularly and love the left overs for sandwiches. Good luck.

• Edemitch
    Edemitch Posts: 196
    Options
    I made one last week. It was probably the best I've ever had. I covered it in Cow Lick rub from the Dizzy Pig. Got the BGE up to about 700. Seared both sides for 2 minutes. Let the grill cool to 350-400 then back on for about 8 minutes a side. I know, I know, too long. My kids like it dead, I like it medium rare. We compromised, medium well. I knew it was good when none of the kids even went to the fridge for the A1. It was gone in minutes.
  • SyraQ
    SyraQ Posts: 95
    Options
    Edemitch,[p]Hey, if there was nothing left, no one was complaining. Sounds good!
  • Bahmanicious
    Bahmanicious Posts: 105
    Options
    Edemitch,
    You keep your A1 in the fridge? :ohmy:
    Best,
    WA
  • jbrodie
    jbrodie Posts: 111
    Options
    Edemitch, I marinate with Italian dressing overnight. I then use a prime rib rub or steak rub and cook at 350*. They usually take about 30 to 45 minutes to cook.