Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Dad liked my pork loin!!!

edited 9:23PM in EggHead Forum
IMG_9394.jpg
<p />Here's my 91 year old dad who I take car of enjoying his pork dinner this past weekend! [p]Please note: the healthy glass of red .... beverage! Not bad for 91? He is blind so that is why the tape machine there. I hope the fact that he can not see what he is eating doesn't have an effect on what he enjoys out of my BGE!
·

Comments

• IMG_9387.jpg
    <p />Forgot to post what dinner looked like before serving, a half loin basted in a mix if EVOO, RW vin and some seasonings including a dollup of good Dijon mustard.
    ·
  • CarbonizerCarbonizer Posts: 185
    Hotfire,
    I hope my kids take as good care of me in my golden years as you do for your Dad. Your Dad is probably very proud of you, I'm sure.

·
  • MR HMR H Posts: 109
    Hotfire,
    WoW! a great human interest story. Thank you for taking care of your father[p]Howard in Bartow

·
  • FL BobFL Bob Posts: 39
    Hotfire,
    Thanks for the photo. It touches my heart. My dad is 88 and he lives about 600 miles from me. I wish I had the opportunity to prepare him a meal on my egg. Keep up the good work. These are important moments for the both of you.
    Bob

·
  • Hotfire, words cannot express what one's heart feels when knowing you are with your Dad during his golden years. Things to be learned by many! You haved earned your jewels while here on earth. Fine work...well done with much love.

·
  • Hotfire,
    it's no wonder your dad liked it! it looks fantastic! great shot![p]

·
  • ranger rayranger ray Posts: 812
    Hotfire,
    nice work.... the food and your care and love of your dad!

·
  • egretegret Posts: 4,033
    Hotfire,
    God bless you, son, for this! My father is going to be 93 in October.......

·
  • EggecutionerEggecutioner Posts: 628
    Hotfire,[p]Way to go![p]I drove to Florida (from Michigan) so I could stop in Atlanta to get a small to take to Tampa so my Dad and Mom could taste what the egg does.[p]Just good eggs, these eggheads.[p]Read his shirt "Old Guys Rule"
    P4050174.jpg[p]P4010003.jpg[p]P4010015.jpg[p]P4040168.jpg[p]

·
  • Hotfire,[p]You are great. [p]Kelly
    ·
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    Hotfire,
    You're the best. We only get one Father. I'm visiting my 82 year old Dad this weekend to attend a graveside dedication to my Great Great Grandfather who's marker was destroyed by fire many years ago. That means no tools this weekend, but this a Hell of a lot more important. I see it more everyday. Man, are we preoccupied.[p]My best to you and your Dad.[p]Mike

·
  • egretegret Posts: 4,033
    Eggecutioner,
    That was one he!! of a nice thing to do......Proud of you!!

·
  • EggecutionerEggecutioner Posts: 628
    egret,[p]You can only talk about how good this thing is. I would have left it for him, but he honestly told me he would never use it. I knew he wouldn't. But he was glad I cooked for him on it.
    ·