Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I need some tips on grilling pork(HELP)

Options
CYNDI3
CYNDI3 Posts: 2
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My pork is getting to dry when grilling it is it the rub I'm using someone please help or is it the temp????????????????????

Comments

• spbull472
    spbull472 Posts: 128
    Options
    cyndi3,[p]The rub shouldn't be the issue, how are you grilling your ribs? Direct? Indirect? Temp? Time?
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    cyndi3,
    Probably the internal temp, do you have a thermometer? -RP

• MickeyT
    MickeyT Posts: 607
    Options
    cyndi3,[p]A little more info on what your cooking would be best.[p]Bone in 1/2'" chops take about 4 minutes a side at 350.
    Pork tenderloin can be pulled at 125-130 and rested for 10 minutes. Perfect every time. If that temp scares you pull at 140.[p]Hope this helps.[p]Mick

• Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    Options
    MickeyT,
    Good advice! I do the same. In between the two I recommend the boneless loin pork steaks from Costco--they're about 1-1/2 inches thick. Treat them like a tenderloin.[p]Mickey, I'm still using your wooden rings and love them! They're fun to use.

Judy in San Diego