Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rib Help

Options
Edemitch
Edemitch Posts: 196
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I made 4 racks of spare ribs on my medium BGE using the 3-2-1 method. Unfortunately, due to buckets of rain they weren't done until too late to eat. They are already pretty much falling off the bone. Now I need to sauce them and heat them up. My question is what temp for how long? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.[p]Thanks[p]Ed

Comments

• citychicken
    citychicken Posts: 484
    Options
    EdeMitch,
    you might want to finish them indirect with dome of 250. sauce them and cook them until they are warm enough to eat. [p]

• Edemitch
    Options
    markkal123, That's kinda what I was figuring, but being a 3 week old newbe I needed to check with the eggsperts.

• Pharmeggist
    Pharmeggist Posts: 1,191
    Options
    EdeMitch,
    I usually wrap the ribs in foil and reheat them in the oven at about 300 degrees for about 10-15 minutes just long enough that the sauce and ribs are warm enough to eat.
    ~Pharmeggist

• citychicken
    citychicken Posts: 484
    Options
    Pharmeggist,
    didn't notice any of your post about the new little one. hope you learned how to warm similac and cook pureed peas and carrots on the egg.

• Pharmeggist
    Pharmeggist Posts: 1,191
    Options
    markkal123,
    Thanks for asking... Andrew was born 7-23-07 and was 71b 12 1/2 ounces and 21 inches long. I am at home this week taking care of my wife as she can't lift anything heavier than Andrew. So I am chasing after my 1.5 year old daughter Olivia who is full of energy. When I can I take her outside and push her in her swing while I have food cooking on the Egg.

• Edemitch
    Options
    ?action=view&current=Savannah.jpg
    <p />We're not quite up to the pureed pees and carrots yet. She just turned 2 months last week. It's coming fast though. Grandparenthood is pretty cool. You get the baby when you want and return her when you've had your fill. I'll be be low & slowing pork shoulders for the Christening for the next couple of days.