Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Some remarks about preparing for a big party

Judy MayberryJudy Mayberry Posts: 1,538
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
DSC00048.jpg
<p />For a large party yesterday (held at someone else's house), I made pulled pork a week ago, pulled it and froze it doused with apple juice and some Elder Ward's Piedmont Sauce, in FoodSaver bags. I was also responsible for cooking the ears of corn.[p]Saturday I did defrosted the pork and made a big batch of the Piedmont sauce. On Sunday morning I put the pork in a baking dish, added Classic Coke and more sauce, foiled it, and warmed it at 250¼ till I was ready to leave. I made the slaw using iabbqguy's My Wife's Slaw, which I'd sampled a few days before. It's creamy, sweet, and mild--perfect IMO with the Piedmont sauce. [p]At the same time, I soaked 24 ears of corn still in the husk in a big tub of water for an hour. Lit the Small and Large Eggs to 350¼, put the corn on the regular grid and a second layer on raised grids, and closed the lids. I set a timer hanging around my neck for every 10 minutes and shifted the corn around as needed till all were blackened. It really didn't take long--I'd guess they were all done within 25 minutes. I threw the ears into a medium-large cooler as they were done. When all were finished I rolled the cooler (a wheeled cooler with a handle to pull is the way to go!) to my car and loaded everything up. I put the foiled baking dish in an open carton in case it sloshed.[p]I also brought a collapsible rig that holds a trash bag upright, and when I arrived, we set up the trash bag in its holder on the patio, taped a sign "HOT CORN INSIDE" on the cooler top and left it (closed) right next to the trash bag. Whenever that cover was lifted there was steam coming out of it the whole afternoon! It was a huge success, and the few uneaten ears will be cut clean for salad.[p]Sorry, no pics. I had to use all five hands for what I was doing.

Judy in San Diego

Comments