Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sweet Potatoes

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I can't seem to locate a how-to BGE method for sweet potatoes. Could someone point me in the right direction. Thanks

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    CalTex, I'm sure glad you asked that question. I'm gonna keep a good eye on the responses 'cause I want to know too. Like most farm raised Louisiana boys, I grew up on sweet potatoes. Love 'em and have one now and then, but I haven't tried baking one in the Egg yet. Might just do one for me tomorrow tho with the briskit.

• Spring Chicken,
    I saw a reference on this site to a tried and true way of smoking sweete potatoesv alongside your brisquet. I want to do the same tomorrow. I am having a BGE-recipe fest for LD. I have 4 different Cue sauces (Jim Jack's, Elder Ward's NC Pulled pork, Big Al's Cue Sauce, and Leticia's) and I've rubbed 3 spare rib racks with Cat's Rub and 3 racks with JJ's rub. We plan to vote on the best combo - though I'm sure they all have special virtues. Stay tuned for the poll.

• JimW
    JimW Posts: 450
    Options
    CalTex,
    Peel them, split them in half lengthwise and put a ton of butter and dark brown sugar on them. Wrap each half separately in foil and punch a small hole in the top to let the steam escape. Cook at around 350 degrees for an hour or so until tender.
    JimW